Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Examsoft of Damocles


Damocles was a courtier in the court of Dionysius. According to the Columbia Encyclopedia, "in order to show the precariousness of rank and power, [Dionysius] gave a banquet and had a sword suspended above the head of Damocles by a single hair." Oddly enough, when Cindy sends out the Examsoft email towards the end of each semester, I think of this story.

Thank goodness I only have two exams.

5 comments:

Scott Turner said...

I've always associated it with this guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisophys) but I have a few more than 2 finals.

notjustlaw said...

Sisophys, Damocles...either way we are all fraked!

By the way, anybody know when the Men's Room on the 2nd floor will be fixed? They covered one urinal a week or two ago and now both are covered. And the smell...wow.

cublawg said...

I bet those waterless urinals don't seem like such a great idea after all, eh?

notjustlaw said...

Waterless Urinals are fine...so long as they are maintained. You know, changing that fancy filter and all.

Anybody bring this up at the town meeting??

cublawg said...

More to the point, did anyone attend the town hall meeting, and did the pipsqueaks make a stink?