I'm not a big fan of that symbol. I'm not even sure what it is. Is it like one of those "magic eye" things that comes together after you stare at it for awhile? I could never do those.
I'm with random, in that it seems like a pointless waste of money. I'm sure they threw a few grand at some fancy design firm to come up with that. I would have done it in Paint for a six-pack and some powerball tickets.
Ok, I haven't attended any of the unveilings, so I don't know what the logo is 'sposed to stand for, but here is what I see as possibilities for symbolic meanings:
1. The shape of the totem very much resembles the windows on the Wolf Law building.
2. Interestingly, the symbols inside the totem call to mind three things:
a. The distinctive flatirons of Boulder;
b. the colors of nature/tree leaves; and
c. a shelf of books, viewed from above at an angle.
3. Thus I perceive a symbol that is simultaneously both outward- and inward-looking, that tells about where we are and what attracts many of our students, and reflects the love held by the law for the written word.
Also, I like the sideways-omega formed by the C in Colorado. It is like saying we're the "last word" in Law here...
Perhaps it's a generational thing. If so, then since the logo is meant to represent who we are to the external (and likely, conservative, stylistically speaking) world of potential financial support, it may be a good choice.
Re: the symbol. It's supposed to be one of the windows in the new building, which evidently will include the Flatirons. As for the typography, I don't think it's Arial, but nevertheless, the mixing of fonts bears the mark of an untrained designer. EC's got it right, though, in terms of what they're going for.
Re: groupthink/administrators. For a bold administrator to avert the train wreck, that would require the very same (single) administrator that picked the logo to change his mind, leave, or get a refund. (And yes, it did cost thousands) As it stands, we're stuck with this puppy for a while.
9 comments:
I'm not a big fan of that symbol. I'm not even sure what it is. Is it like one of those "magic eye" things that comes together after you stare at it for awhile? I could never do those.
looks ok. but why in the world did they switch up the font between COlorado and law? Arial is such an unprofessional font IMO, especially for a logo.
i think the spikes are the flatirons.
I'm with random, in that it seems like a pointless waste of money. I'm sure they threw a few grand at some fancy design firm to come up with that. I would have done it in Paint for a six-pack and some powerball tickets.
Ok, I haven't attended any of the unveilings, so I don't know what the logo is 'sposed to stand for, but here is what I see as possibilities for symbolic meanings:
1. The shape of the totem very much resembles the windows on the Wolf Law building.
2. Interestingly, the symbols inside the totem call to mind three things:
a. The distinctive flatirons of Boulder;
b. the colors of nature/tree leaves; and
c. a shelf of books, viewed from above at an angle.
3. Thus I perceive a symbol that is simultaneously both outward- and inward-looking, that tells about where we are and what attracts many of our students, and reflects the love held by the law for the written word.
I like the dual font thing, too.
Call me crazy, but I think it looks good.
Also, I like the sideways-omega formed by the C in Colorado. It is like saying we're the "last word" in Law here...
Perhaps it's a generational thing. If so, then since the logo is meant to represent who we are to the external (and likely, conservative, stylistically speaking) world of potential financial support, it may be a good choice.
i think it looks tacky and unprofessional. what is that graphic? seriously? i am highly unimpressed.
Re: the symbol. It's supposed to be one of the windows in the new building, which evidently will include the Flatirons. As for the typography, I don't think it's Arial, but nevertheless, the mixing of fonts bears the mark of an untrained designer. EC's got it right, though, in terms of what they're going for.
Re: groupthink/administrators. For a bold administrator to avert the train wreck, that would require the very same (single) administrator that picked the logo to change his mind, leave, or get a refund. (And yes, it did cost thousands) As it stands, we're stuck with this puppy for a while.
Here's how you get rid of it... start a rumor that the three spikes are representative of the Holy Trinity...
Coffinberry, are you saying we're all heathens? ha.
Post a Comment