Lets gossip about choosing courses.
Professors to take? To avoid?
Ethics/Evidence in the fall or the spring?
PF or CM for Evidence?
Lets hear it.
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The UNAUTHORIZED blogger collective for the University of Colorado Law School.
46 comments:
No on the PF for evidence. It is one of the most important topics in my opinion (now that I am practicing) - and I learned nada from PF.
PF will take you out for happy hour though. And that, my friend, is what it's all about.
True - I will give you that.
Love love love E.C., H.G, and Judge Richardson
Take classes with S.M. or R.C. If you love tangents on the Grateful Dead, Mining is a good class to take.
DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING FROM HG - She is the WORST prof at CU Law. You can learn more about international law from wikipedia than you ever will in her awful lectures.
PF is a great prof, particularly if you want to be a trial lawyer. I took his evidence class when I was in school and felt ahead of the game during court/trial my first year out.
You will get tons of conflicting info about profs - people definitely click with different styles and classes. Don't be afraid to take a look at sample exams and grade curves too - so you know what you are up against. That said - Justice Rice is great!
PS. And I second the no on PF
S.P.'s ethics class was interesting, but isn't a good choice if you are looking for a MPRE prep course.
wilkinson, if he's teaching in the fall. he's a lot of fun.
Wilkinson is teaching this fall -- one of the most awesome professors at CU Law, if not the most awesome. ND also rocks, although that can translate into a lot of reading.
PW's ethics class was the WORST class I took in law school. The WORST. I think most of us in the class felt that way.
CM is the grand master of evidence, how could you NOT take that class with him? He is hilarious in his own nerdy way.
And he always let me pass, even when I was playing video games during class...so of course I like him.
I learned so much though, seriously, that I really was bar-ready in the subject.
I loved income tax with wg.
Thoughts on the talent show?
Talent show was a blast as always. It did seem to be even more fun back in the day before CU got a huge bug up its ass and started with the monitors and beer pourers (that being said, many thanks to those who poured). The acts all did a great job.
The talent show was great. We have some very talented people at CU Law, and it is always fun hanging out with classmates.
What's the deal with single students using the study rooms (in the library and elsewhere)? If you're by yourself, there are plenty of places to study. PLENTY. Don't clog up the study rooms!
if you are with a group wanting to use a room, i don't think it is offensive to politely ask the solo student if you could use the room for group work.
PF for evidence. MW is a self absorbed wacko. PF teaches a practical course that you will actually use.
Take a class is LG. He is a delightful Prof.! You learn a ton in his class, laugh a lot, and he gives high grades. I especially recommend it if you want a break from the traditional law school class.
Hank Brown, Tim Tymkovich and Justice Rice are absolutely awesome! PF is great for evidence--simple and straightforward. Judge Russel teaches a great advanced writing class, but it is a lot of work. Schlag's seminars are a blast!
Schlag's seminars are best enjoyed after the consumption of THC.
So are his books...
If you need a "group room" to talk about a law school course, you should sign up for one in advance. If you don't, don't whine when somebody else beats you to the room. BTW, there are PLENTY of areas in the law building where groups can converse about any topic they wish... even how much it ruffles their skirts that singles are in study rooms. Give it a try!
9:10-- there are even more places for singles to study. Everywhere!
ahhhhh entitlement, smell it in the air
Bloody Friday my friends. Four friends at very good firms all got let go. These are dark days.
What firms? What year associates?
What will our options be if this continues?
1)Jobs in other fields?
2)Bailout for student loans?
3)fight the beggars on the corners for their territory?
Its comments like mr. anonymous 11:28 that give future lawyers (especially ones from CU) a bad rap. I sincerely hope you are not a CU student and are simply an uneducated idiot. On the other hand, perhaps you haven't been able to figure out how to separate media bullshit from reality. In any event, go crawl back under the rock you came from.
Methinks it was Romer v. Evans that provoked 11:28's comments and not the media. Whether he is right is beside the point--you reap what you sow.
12:39 -- As Solicitor General, he was required to represent the state and the voter approved amendment. Even his law review article is an honest look at the law. Comments like 11:28 only underscores the ignorance and lack of insight of some CU students.
Reap what you sow? Again, as lawyers we will represent clients and their interests -- give me a break. I hope all your clients are kittens so you can say you always represented the cute and cuddely.
You always have a choice, and Tymkovich made his.
Judging lawyers because of who they represent is the dumbest thing I've ever heard---Especially coming from CU students, half of whom seem to want to represent murderers and rapists for their lifes work.
CU drops to #45 in US News?
Ruh Roh
http://i41.tinypic.com/rvalag.jpg
Looks like it is still #32, unless this source is out of date...
http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/grad/law/search/page+2
I think anon 12:39 is trying to send us to some spammy/porn website by posting that link. Didnt check it, but it looks suspect...
Whatever is on the US News website is last year's rankings because the new rankings have yet to be officially released.
As for the rankings that show us #45, I did some research and the general feeling is that those rankings are a hoax. So let's try not to have a meltdown until the rankings are officially released later this week.
I think those rankings might be legit. That's a big fall for us if true. Any explanation?
It would be because we don't have an extra student lounge or workout room. Or maybe it's because those projectors are too difficult to use.
The US News rankings may be self-fulfilling to an extent, but I doubt "legit" is an apt term. Look at the following:
http://www.leiterrankings.com/usnews/guide.shtml
I sincerely doubt that annual variations in rank make a difference. If we dropped below 100 and stayed there, that would be a different story.
That last 1:49 anonymous comment is another example of stupidity.
1) There are gay CU law profs. Whoever anonymous 1:49 is, he/she has proven their stupidity with that statement alone.
2) Judge Tymkovich does not (1) make racist or otherwise inappropriate jokes and (2) his class is what it is -- election law. If you want to learn about it, take it, if not, don't. But "it sucks" is not a description or insight that offers any value.
I saw PF and PC emerge from the same stall in the men's restroom after a ThAC. It was an image I will never forget.
whats with the blog posts being deleted? big brother admins don't like insinuations that cu law is not pro-gay?
Post a Comment