Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Congrats to Professor Phil Weiser

...he now joins the DOJ Antitrust division as a Deputy Assistant Attorney General

CU Press Release

Denver Post

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Weiser...CU Law will lose a great professor, but the good news is that JF will be back to teach antitrust!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

WOW. This blog is devolving further and further. First the absolutely ridiculous comments re: Tymkovich and now mr. 2:51. Im assuming the same jackass is making these repeated comments, but I suggest this board either close up shop and stop representing the stupid/ignoramus of CU Law school or turn off anonymity.

As much as this blog has served as a discussion place in the past, these few comments are not helpful in representing CU, in discourse, or in our representation to employers and others (who do read this blawg...).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What in your mind qualifies Professor Weiser as a "prick," a "tight wad," "pompous" or self-centered? I've always found him to be just the opposite.

Anonymous said...

He IS pompous and a jerk. It's too bad he wasn't gone before my time at CU expired, but at least others won't have to deal with it. I agree with the other anon poster though, despite being a jerk, he's doubtlessly skilled at something... just not being a non-pompous non-jerk prof.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Weiser may be egocentric, but the guy is truly brilliant and has been an incredible value to CU Law. Silicon Flatirons has been an outstanding addition to the law school. You may not like him as a prof, but he has done a ton for this school. He will be sorely missed.

Anonymous said...

If 7:13 is true, that's funny.

Generally speaking, the blog has always been this bad.

Anonymous said...

This is not the congratulations that Katko had in mind...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Anon 11:08 - dont confuse PW with MW. MW is the passionate devotee of all things T-Bell.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, and this one time I saw PW throw a baby into a woodchipper. And, another time, I saw him light a homeless guy on fire. True story.

C'mon - really guys? He created Silicon Flatirons, brought in a ton of guest speakers, increased the status of our school (perhaps not in US News, but that's a different issue), and just accepted a position with the administration, and all you can do is pile on the disparaging comments? Yeah, he can be kind of a dick at times, but the good outweighs the bad.

Anonymous said...

To the one person who's hating on PW, you should try speaking to him sometime.

He is willing to help you in any possible way that he can, which is usually a good amount.

If you think he's bad, maybe you chose the wrong profession. Wait until you get out of law school and see how people act.

Anonymous said...

There is more than one person "hating" on PW here. To suggest that he, the most salient example of megalomaniacal and abrasive professors at CU law, pales in comparison to the egos and attitudes one will encounter in "the real world," is not only inaccurate, but fails to consider all the profs at CU who are not like him - obviously they've done just fine without taking the attitudinal path he has.

There is another way to do it. I've known many successful attorneys in CO who value humility, civility, and an adherence to the idea that one does not have to act superior to others to achieve superior results.

That is not his attitude, and that is why more than one person here (and many more not on the blog) don't want to spend a night watching romantic comedies, eating ice cream, and spooning PW as some here do.

Anonymous said...

I want to sext PW.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you have all spent so much time with Phil during your brief encounters with him at Starbucks and other coffee shops. I too always judge people based upon chance encounters, especially when I am dealing with the United Airlines customer service counter and the DMV. So please continue commenting in your infallible and civil way about someone who you clearly know VERY well.

Anonymous said...

You're right - I haven't spent more time than I've needed to w/PW. However, from the random samplings of him I've had, either I've caught him on his most anomalous days, or he truly is as he's represented himself during those random samplings. I may be wrong... at the same time, reputations are obtained for a reason.

Anonymous said...

1:55

Am I correct in interpreting what you're saying to mean that I shouldn't misjudge PW because he cut in front of me and a group of other people at Starbucks, just because he has an inflated sense of self worth and superiority?

And does it follow from my clear error that those who are superior must be allowed to behave in that manner, as such deference is due to a man of his caliber?

You've got to be kidding me.

Anonymous said...

That was not my intended meaning. I just think that you should give people the benefit of the doubt.

Anonymous said...

Goodness gracious, some of you need to go have sex or something. Life is too short to be arguing semantics on a blawg.

In an attempt to end this squabble, I will sum everything up:
1)Phil Weiser received a great job offer and is going to take it
2)Phil Weiser has made many positive contributions to the law school
3)some people have had bad encounters with Phil Weiser
4)some people have had good encounters with Phil Weiser
5)the truth is probably somewhere in-between
6)good luck Phil Weiser

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Me also thinks person complaining about PW probably didn't fare too well in one of his classes. It's a shame s/he attacks PW's character this way.

Anonymous said...

That PW is one fine piece of arse. He and GOT IT ON.

Anonymous said...

Come on guys, lay off PW. It's not like he pees on bums or makes fun of one-legged trannies.

Anonymous said...

This is lame-o mcpoocruddysmallnutx. I'm out!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I had class with PW. I got a fine grade. I thought he was the WORST professor at CU. And I had RB for Wills and Trusts. Egotistical, megalomaniac, all that name-calling--it's totally accurate. Earned, and deserved.

MM said...

all, a reminder about the blog preference for initials rather than names. Despite our strong opinions at times, blog policy is and has always been to respect people by not using their full names. Gracias~~

I'll start a post for discussion of the best part about law school- the end!

MM said...

Also, perhaps its time to consider the suggestion of an earlier anon and turn off anon comments. They're fun but they allow ass comments and certainly make CU students look bad. It may be time now to be aware of how we may appear to the outside community.

Anonymous said...

Normally it makes sense to use initials, like PW, except when the thread is entitled "Congrats to Professor Phil Weiser." In that case, well, nevermind.

Anonymous said...

psst... the story about him cutting in line at starbucks was true...

Buckles said...

I say: remember the rule that Thumper's mom had in Bambi. "If you can't think of anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

But then, this blog would be sort of empty if people actually followed that rule.

Anonymous said...

Interesting how people continue to bring up RB, even though you successfully ousted her like a year ago. Seriously. What more do you want?

Anonymous said...

boo to censorship.

Anonymous said...

boo to people who ignore the posting policy.

Anonymous said...

boo to a-holes. get over yourselves.

Unknown said...

TURN OFF ANONYMITY.