Sunday, September 16, 2007

gunners n song

Hey all,

Now that the gunners have revealed themselves.


And if you're tired of studying... maybe this song will make you feel better.



TW

11 comments:

Really cool display name said...

How much to y'all think that being a gunner helps a student's grade here at CU? You look at the tightness of the grade distributions, and it can make it seem like those one or two participation points can make a sizable difference in a student's rank. That said, do y'all think that professors reward the obnoxious, hyper-talkative students with participation points?

Anonymous said...

It could hurt the gunner's grade - I've seen professors dislike it just as much as students.

We should give a "gunner of the year" award, popularly elected. It could be a $20 gift certificate to spruce confections, so the gunner thinks, "Hey, I got something cool" but also thinks "Man, I need to stop talking."

cadoner said...

I like gunners. They take the heat off of the rest of us who don't want to talk.

Anonymous said...

RBC once said that he likes students who "ask a lot of questions in class..." which is odd, because he seems to get ticked off easily...

Anonymous said...

I agree anon 7:12... sometimes when RBC is wrong or doesn't want to answer a question, he seems a little peeved. Not really "ticked off," but a little annoyed.

Dirty Harry said...

Gunners ARE great. They provide much needed laughs and endless excuses for gunner comments (except for those who are just damn good). It makes me smile when someone either believes or knows that they are really clever.

I'm not sure how gunnin' it up could help your grade given that most profs only make minor adjustments, at most, for class participation (or so they say).

Anonymous said...

People seem to forget that gunners are rarely called on to volunteer.

So, at the beginning of the semester, you keep talking until the prof gets the point. You could cruise through the rest of the term for the most part as long as you raise your hand sporadically.

Anonymous said...

gunner = excuse to play bingo. i miss bingo. good times.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I'm not a 1L

Anonymous said...

Here is a topic for you. Don't Tase me, Bro. And at an event for John Kerry nonetheless.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/18/student.tasered.ap/index.html

Anonymous said...

Dear Admins,

Can you create a post discussing the legality of the tasing of the student during the John Kerry speech? Was that an abuse of force by the campus cops? And what exactly can campus cops do? I am sure all the future prosecutors and public defenders at CU have a say in the matter.

Thanks,
A Concerned Citizen