Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Unrelated to anything/ summer rant
This is a personal rant, completely devoid of connection to our school or the bar exam, but I am getting annoyed at all the middle-aged male actors dressing up as fat women for movies. Why not just hire fat female actors? I don't even think it's funny anymore, and I'm not sure I even did in the first place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It is really the only way for John Travolta can actually be on screen these days. His face is only human when it is under prosthetics, making him look like a large woman.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/15/movies/15gree.html?_r=1&ref=movies&oref=slogin
Read this...
This is off topic, but does anyone have any inside scoop on when/how journal announcements will be made?
Thanks!
I think it just shows today's business world is as patriarchal as ever. In the entertainment business female actors constantly complain that there are so "good roles" for women. It's because there aren't many. Lead female roles are few and far between - in both plays and movies. It's a shame people like Travolta are taking the few female roles available to women trying to make a living.
I won't see it because I'm not interested.
Have any of you seen the movie? It was hilarious! ;o) I think that the idea of Travolta (totally a "man's man") playing a woman was classic. Obviously, there wasn't much of a social commentary, but it was a great, feel good movie...
Post a Comment