"Sanford and Son Theme (The Streetbeater)" by Quincy Jones. (RealAudio Clip) It even dulls the terrible sting of Demond Wilson's terrible acting in his role as "the dummy" Lamont.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The UNAUTHORIZED blogger collective for the University of Colorado Law School.
"Sanford and Son Theme (The Streetbeater)" by Quincy Jones. (RealAudio Clip) It even dulls the terrible sting of Demond Wilson's terrible acting in his role as "the dummy" Lamont.
8 comments:
What about "The Theme From Shaft"? I would put Sanford & Son as close second. The video clip is fabulous. They used to know how to write theme songs in the '70's. Now they just use The Who.
Who's the black private dick
That's a sex machine to all the chicks?
SHAFT!
Ya damn right!
Who is the man that would risk his neck for his brother man?
SHAFT!
Can you dig it?
Who's the cat that won't cop out
When there's danger all about?
SHAFT!
Right On!
They say this cat Shaft is a bad mother...
SHUT YOUR MOUTH!
I'm talkin' 'bout Shaft.
THEN WE CAN DIG IT!
He's a complicated man, but no one understands him but his woman
JOHN SHAFT!
Wasn't "Shaft" a movie?
I have a qualify my earlier statement: "I'm no Superman" from "Scrubs" might be tied for first.
As embarassed as I am for Pete Towshend, I have to say that The Who's songs are a brilliant front for the CSI shows. Far less embarassing than Plant & Page giving up "Rock & Roll" to Cadillac, anyway.
But the greatest theme song ever was "Believe It or Not" from the Greatest American Hero.
Ooooh, I was just going to nominate M*A*S*H (Suicide is Painless), because the moment I hear that tune I've gotta drop everything and go watch TV... darned TVLand and Hallmark Channel, it's on so much it's filling up my DVR and I get much less work done).
But I'll have to lay that nomination aside and second the one for Greatest American Hero. Heard it on the radio the other day and found myself singing along.
Regard Shaft: Apparently, there was a "short lived crime drama based on the 1971 movie of the same name." It used the same song and Richard Roundtree was the star. You are right, though, the movie came out first. I second "Sanford & Son," although the song from "Good Times" was, ahem, dyn-o-mite. And the "A-Team" theme song makes me want to drive a big black van over an embankment into a building. HS, I thank you for such an inspired post that allowed me a pleasant diversion from studying from finals.
http://www.tv.com/shaft/show/22261/summary.html
Happy to oblige. I'm off to listen to "Superman" by Lazlo Bane (the theme song from Scrubs) and might follow it up with a little John Williams.
Hello?
Or his?
Ehem...this.
Post a Comment