Monday, May 07, 2007

Also off topic, but I did find a tie-in...

Kudos to whoever at CU renegotiated the health insurance plan. No more copays, and the HPV vaccination is 100% covered. Thank you!

Now for the connection: that Supreme Court case that comes to mind where it was held that health insurance that covers viagra but not birth control (or was it pregnancy?) does not violate equal protection.

So again, kudos to the negotiator.

23 comments:

MsLippy said...

So, does that kick in this summer, or does it start next year?

Anonymous said...

Starts August 18 2007

Anonymous said...

CU law students, as a collective, represent some of the most pompous, inconsiderate individuals in all of Colorado (including the Republicans you are so quick to misrepresent and disrespect). The enlightened arrogance the majority of you are so proud to display at a whim is one of the most disgusting characteristics a person could posess. This entire site is more akin to a terribly true lawyer joke than the discussions of Americas future lawyers or even educated individuals. I suggest: drink up.

Mushroom Stamp said...

I'm going to make a few assumptions about ellipsis:

1. He (or she) is a republican;
2. He (or she) didn't get in to CU when they applied;
3. He (or she) doesn't realize that everything in life is akin to a terribly true joke of some kind; and
4. He (or she) is a total douche-bag (see prior post for definition).

Anonymous said...

Thanks ellipsis, without your intelligent, insightful and witty cut-up about CU law students, I would have forgotten about all this precious lawyer-joke gold:

Q. What's the difference between a bucket of crap and a lawyer?

A. The bucket.

Q. What's the difference between a dead skunk in the road and a dead lawyer in the road?

A. The skidmarks in front of the skunk.

Q. What's the difference between a prostitute and a lawyer?

A. The prostitute will stop screwing you when you're dead.

Q. What's the difference between a porcupine and a car full of lawyers?

A: A porcupine has pricks on the outside.

thelawstudentformerlyknownas_ said...

Wow, I think ... is serious. In fact, I agree with ...: you CU Law students disgust me too, and when I say that I mean I am disgusted by you. You're the most arrogant people in Colorado of all time. You're even worse than the Republicans - and they're really, really pompous and inconsiderate so that means you're pretty bad. But I don't mean to misrepresent Republicans. They do such a good job of misrepresenting themselves that I wouldn't be so arrogant to presume I could do it any better for them.

I hate finals week.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Speaking of inconsiderate . . .

In other news, what's up with CULink? Why can't I get my e-mail?

Anonymous said...

You know the server going down during finals is quite frustrating. Now the only things that I have to focus my procrastination-prone mind on are my space and this blog. All e-mailing has ceased to exist and I'm almost panicking. How sad.

mrmeatsir said...

The problem with CU link being down is I don't know if my Wesson CrimLaw exam was submitted. The other problem is that I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing...hands down the most difficult exam I've taken in 23 years of being alive.

mrmeatsir said...

Oh good news!! I just got my confirmation email from examsoft. I can start counting down the days until I have to re-register for 1L crim law!

I Beat Dogs said...

I don't know what ellipsis is talking about. Aside from some of my hobbies and things I like to do when I have a little "me" time, I think I'm a pretty nice guy.

My dogs hate me though.

BTW, I noticed anonymous comments are still turned off. You know what that means...

mrmeatsir said...

To "..." - don't worry, I am drinking up. Good luck getting off the wait list. This isn't even that great of a school.

LegallyBrunette said...

Whats up with all the hate?

I Like Beef said...

This is when you know it's finals period. Good times.

mrmeatsir, I challenge you to a duel. Ha, I really need to get some sleep.

Anonymous said...

Indeed Legally Brunette, what's up? It's funny, every year at about this time, 'round spring, the crazies come out. Last year it was gridlocker who made our hearts expand with glee, this year it looks like ... might be shouldering his way into our hearts and lives.

I think CU Law wanna-be's who have either been rejected or like MMS suggested wait-listed, are angry and sad, so they take those emotions out on those that blog here.

Unfortunate, but simply part of the circle of life. And so the wheel turns...

Coffinberry said...

Broad brush, cheap paint.

I Like Beef said...

Hi legallybrunette, do you want to go out sometime? We could go get coffee or study together.

Scott Turner said...

Coffinberry, I couldn't agree more. So ..., are you saying CU law students shouldn't have access to better health care? Or that their plan should cover treatment for pompous and enlightened arrogance?

BlawBlawBlaw said...

What exactly *is* enlightened arrogance? Is that even possible?

MsLippy said...

Man, ... sure is angry. And that makes me happy. I'm glad that someone else is as angry and bitter against the world as I am. Oh wait - I'm about to graduate from law school and I just took my last exam. I'm not bitter at all! I'm on top of the world!! Wheee!!! ..., I would suggest that you drink up, but I bet you're an angry drunk. So you can leave all the drinking to me. Hurray!

LegallyBrunette said...

Sure meat.
Meet me @ the Darkhorse on thus. I'll be the brunette. Can't miss me.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you're right, I'm just messing with you guys. I'm sure you guys are actually really mellow (everybody I know from Boulder is). I'm really surprised at how well you all took it. Good luck with finals.

Mushroom Stamp said...

Good luck with finals? What is that supposed to mean?