Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Some Talent Show Particulars
Before I get into the particulars, I thought I'd share a video of guitarist Andy McKee, who I just discovered about two minutes ago. Whether you like finger-style guitar or not, let alone the four hits of the vibrant 80s Australian music scene, you can't help but be amazed by this guy. Suffice it to say you probably won't see anything approaching this at the 4/20 Talent Show.
As for the talent show, there's three items to consider. First, I understand that some of the 1L class feels miffed about not getting tickets, and understandably so. Nevertheless, please recognize that the tickets sell out quickly every year, and that the Fleming courtroom lacks sufficient seating capacity to house everyone. Moreover, RK sent several emails ahead of time warning folks to buy early for this exact reason.
Second, while some may be pointing fingers at the 3Ls, you should know that RK tried today to get the show moved to the courtroom in Wolf, and thereby boost the seating capacity. The Dean's office responded with a pithy "e-Heisman," tho, and understandably so in light of the four-figure cleaning bill from last year.
Finally, for those shut out, you should know that people actually playing in the show get in for free, which is something to keep in mind for next year. Also, I think RK has a few tickets left for volunteer roadies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yeah, and unless Laurie Rust hires her goon friends again this year many who missed out on tickets can still manage to join in the fun. Just be creative.
Plus, the faculty bear bonging goes on in the hall ways which can be way more entertaining.
of course i meant BEER bonging
How do you get the bear into that little funnel?
There will be no goons this year.
Post a Comment