Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Free Cone Day at Ben & Jerry's


Today's Free Cone Day at Ben & Jerry's. The Broadway and Pearl St. store is bumping...

44 comments:

notjustlaw said...

There isn't a Ben & Jerry's in Downtown Denver, at least as far as I know, so I was sad to see this.

Anonymous said...

best money i never spent.

Anonymous said...

Heeey...where did the talent show blog go???

Anonymous said...

Yeah, people were getting fiesty. Speaking of the talent show, any one know what the line up will be (besides RK wearing leather pants)?

Anonymous said...

feisty that is...

cublawg said...

The talent show line up is still in flux. I do know that there's at least two salsa acts, Collins' a cappella group is opening, and JP's group is closing the first half.

notjustlaw said...

HS, what happened to the Talent Show post?

cublawg said...

Should be at the bottom of the page, no?

Anonymous said...

HS, I think mr. anonymous is referring to the post discussing the complaints by 1Ls about not getting tickets, and then some sort of debate about the worth of the talent show. I think it was teetering on the edge of name calling, so someone may have deleted it? It had a "make fun of 1Ls for using due process jokes regarding talent show tickets / call some anonymous poster a jerk for not liking the talent show" theme going on. Always fun.

cublawg said...

Ah, yes, that...it was obviously quite memorable for me.

Someone else must have killed it. But I can't say I miss it.

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to flame, but you 3Ls can be pretty arrogant sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Yeah. You'll have to do a better job when it's your turn.

cublawg said...

The arrogance you reference is just apathy. Try studying for exams when you have three weeks left in law school, a bar application to complete, and another year under your belt, and then we'll talk.

Anonymous said...

You know what the strange thing is...the current 3L class was just as annoying last year when they didn't have the 3L excuse. Back then, a year ago, they were just very busy 2Ls...but just as arrogant as now.

Anonymous said...

Class warfare! I like it.

Anonymous said...

What is this 3L (and last year, 2L) arrogance you speak of? Am I just so arrogant as to be ignorant of my arrogance?

Anonymous said...

Wow, Anon 12:08. Sorry to hear you think that. I know a ton of current 3Ls who are very dte . . . maybe you've been exposed to the wrong ones. But, I am interested in having your explain why you think that a class is arrogant.

Anonymous said...

What does all of this have to do with the free cone day at Ben & Jerry?

Anonymous said...

simple: B&J's has a finite supply of free cones. current 3Ls are arrogant. ergo, they are selfish. if you want to get your own free B&J's cone, you'd better get there before all of the current 3Ls have eaten all of the cones.

(j/k)

Anonymous said...

I think all the sugar from the ice cream just made the 2Ls crabby. Maybe they didn't get their nap today.

Anonymous said...

This is BBB. I've never found the 3Ls arrogant on the whole. I like most of the 3Ls I know.

notjustlaw said...

What a strange discussion this has devolved into. Doesn't every class think the one above them is arrogant/silly/apatehtic/whatever adjective? Isn't that the nature of school?

Anonymous said...

Wait, huge generalizations about large groups of dynamic people is my forte. People who eat ice cream are fat. ahhhh.... much better.

Anonymous said...

2Ls are lame and never want to party.

Snap.

Anonymous said...

2Ls and 3Ls are all jerks. Only 1Ls are cool.

Anonymous said...

You know who's lame? The administration. Where did all that hate go? Don't in-fight. It will only weaken us for our knock-down drag-out fight about Friday classes.

Anonymous said...

Arrogant 3Ls, non-partying 2Ls, and think you're cool 1Ls unite...Friday classes are the real issue!

Anonymous said...

What's the deal with Friday classes? Are they on the schedule?

PS. Down with all incoming law students...

Anonymous said...

Friday classes will not be instituted in Fall of '07 but are still on the table for spring of '08...

mount up...

Anonymous said...

I have to agree - let's stop directing our anger at our fellow students and start focusing it on more worthy subjects - like a certain tax professor who assigned 40 pages of reading, then cancelled class at the last minute and decided we'd skip that unit altogether and move on to the next on Monday...cuz we all have time to read 40 pages of work for nothing around this time of year!

Anonymous said...

She (tax prof) is leaving any way, so she probably does not care any more. There is a B&J's down by DU. And there are BJs available on East Colfax. I'll be here all week.

Ben & Jerry's
2339 East Evans Ave.
Denver, CO 80210

Anonymous said...

That last comment is gross and weird.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant weird.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Let's not lose our focus here! The 2L class is full of non-partying, boring squares - let's go back to that topic. And, yes, the 3L class is arrogant..but at least it's well-founded arrogance. We are pretty great...

cublawg said...

It's true. Our complete lack of pervasive abuse of cognition-enhancing drugs really makes us the coolest.

Anonymous said...

Ahem...Hakim, you seem to be conflating the classes, the 1Ls are the coolest...

I thought we had established that...

Anonymous said...

No one who uses "conflate" in normal conversation can ever be cool.

3L's rule (for another 2 weeks)!

Anonymous said...

I wonder what practicing lawyers think of law students.

I think that law students are a universally whiny and self-interested bundle of pricks and douche-bags.

Leave it to people with their heads up their asses to start ranking different kinds of shit.

2L's do suck though.

la, la, la.

Anonymous said...

Class fights are boring. Whatever happened to good old fashioned sexism or racism? Now those were the days...

Anonymous said...

I am confused. If we 2Ls abuse drugs during finals, doesn't that make us bigger party-ers than the 3Ls? And just because you are not invited doesn't mean we don't party.

THERE AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A LAW SCHOOL PARTY CAUSE A LAW SCHOOL PARTY WON'T STOP (until someone passes out and gets a dick drawn on his/her face)

Anonymous said...

Seriously guys, be honest here, the best parties happen around 2Ls. We just know how to do it. 1Ls may not be aware of this because they don't get to hang out with us much...3Ls are out...they're bored and sick of us all, so they're not even in the running for the best party class. So, the 1Ls should consider themselves challenged to a night of partying... maybe tomorrow night is a good time for that. The 2Ls know you're afraid of finals and can't waste any time partying....which is why WE are cooler!

Anonymous said...

Let me clear something up for you 2Ls - abusing Ritalin and/or Adderall during finals does not a partier make. Ok? Ok.

Anonymous said...

I assure you that there are better parties than law school parties.

Ryan Kalamaya said...

True 'dat.