Monday, November 06, 2006

Post-MPRE rant



Wow! Three days later I'm still thinking I better set aside $55 to re-take the MPRE in March. What a colossal cluster f*#%! A prior post by MacLawyer suggested that a prep course and practice tests would be adequate preparation. Despite doing that and a fair amount of reading, I think it equally likely that I got 20 right as it is that I got 40 right. The sounds of construction radiating through the walls and the two proctors who kept getting all smoochy-faced in the "white poker chip" room didn't help matters. It was like taking the exam on a subway.

The only one I'm sure I got right was a Rule 1.8(j) question: don't sleep with clients. Shouldn't that be enough?

4 comments:

Ryan Kalamaya said...

The construction noise was absolutely miserable. One of the proctors told me that a half-dozen complaints had been made to the Marriott manager, but to no avail. If I fail, I'm excusing it on being unable to concentrate until I finally started plugging my ears with my fingers while reading the questions.

In other news, word on the street is that a heavy-handed letter is being sent to the administration re: noise and usage of the library at nights. Someone caught a couple of undergrads doing some unspeakable acts in the library this past weekend.

notjustlaw said...

It was dead quiet up in Westminster, but that still didn't help. Frakin' Judicial Ethics?? Do I really need to know if a potential judge can solicit funds to try and influence the appointment committee? When did BARBRI address that crap!?

And Bolder, seriously? Which room/section so I can avoid it until it is completely disinfected and steam cleaned?

Michael A. Smeenk, Esq. said...

That construction noise was ridiculous. Testing through obstacles -- just outstanding.

As if my grasp of the actual ethical issues wasn't tenuous enough, I loved the 10 random Q's thrown in there for good measure. Apparent authority? You're going to ask me about apparent authority on the MPRE? That took me back to P-Lo's multiple choice exam last year -- another "maybe I got all of them right; maybe I only got a third of them right" ordeals.

Fond memories all around

naechstehaltestelle said...

Aha!! You can sleep with clients...if you were sleeping with them before! That's all I remembered too.