Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Please come to this weekend's football game

Yes, I know this is a losing season, but that's why it's important for you to come out and support the team. It's been a tough road, and this is the last game for the seniors, and they will be honored on Saturday. They have been through a lot. Also, Coach Hawkins will turn this thing around, but he needs your help. We have a load of blue chip recruits coming for official visits this weekend. It's important that we show them that we still support our team, and there is no doubt that the energy in the stadium impacts the level of play on the field. (If you were there for Texas Tech then you know what I mean.) Finally, we head to Nebraska for our final game, and a win this weekend will definitely help keep these kids fighting.

Deals abound if money is an issue. Also, it's easy to migrate from the cheap seats to better ones.

11 comments:

cadoner said...

I don't know, BBB. It seems like we're just encouraging this losing behavior.

If the football team was a dog, I'd have smacked it with a newspaper a few times, by now.

BlawBlawBlaw said...

You guys are fair weather fans. Please permit me to remind you of this next year when we have more wins. Would you rather have sex scandals? Hawk runs a clean program, and they will get better. Beating Nebraska would sure make things a wee bit better no matter the record. (Okay, admittedly, the chances of that are of the snowball in hell variety, but it *could* happen). Anyway, please reconsider your stance. Some of the best things in life spring from adversity.

notjustlaw said...

It doesn't really matter. Colorado Football is defined by Fair Weather Fans. It was that way in 1990, the Kordell Stewart Years (THERE ARE VERY FEW CU FANS WHO ACTUALLY SAW THE MIRACLE AT MICHIGAN LIVE ON TV).

We'll need to go 7-0 to start next year to get any fans to the games, Blaw. Then they'll be there to support!

cadoner said...

It's a little disheartening when they play that whole "be a good loser" message on the big screen before the game begins.

Ryan Kalamaya said...

That's b/c the undergrads act like spoiled brats at the football games. I hardly go anymore b/c I can't stand the environment. The Nebraska game was a watershed moment for me last year. I had several friends call me from across the country to tell me that I should be embarrassed.

BlawBlawBlaw said...

Fan behavior is much improved this year, Bolder.

Scott Turner said...

Bolder, you have pretty lousy friends. They called you chastise you, and hold you vicariously responsible for a bunch of 20 year olds? Sounds like you need some new friends.

cublawg said...

I bet to differ, UC. Moreover, as we've all seen these past few weeks, the bachelors and bachelorettes of arts at this august institution leave much to be desired.

Scott Turner said...

Wow... How old are you guys, and I can I borrow your high-horse sometime? If you were there and you didn't throw garbage, why should you be embarrased for the actions of a bunch of 20 year olds? Because K-Fed exists, should I be embarrased to be white? You are law students, where is the logic? Your friends are idiots, bolder.

cublawg said...

The logic is as follows, UC.

The actions of the undergraduates on this campus, and in particular those linked to the football program, effect the ranking of the law school. Remember the debacle with Barnett & Co. some years back? Perhaps you're too young...

Oddly enough, the ranking of the law school went down several rungs after the scandal. While there's some question of correlation vs. causation, we know that the football team draws the most national PR out of all CU activities, and the rankings of the law school dipped just after that attention. We could attribute the fall to the deterioration of Fleming, but we also know that U.S. News includes a factor for "reputation" in its scoring that is based in surveys of legal professionals. And legal professionals watch college football.

In other words, we are embarrassed because it reflects upon the law school, and in a very direct fashion. You, on the other hand, mostly definitely should be embarrassed to be white because of K-Fed. And Britney.

naechstehaltestelle said...

Hell, I'm embarassed to be HUMAN because of Kfed and Britney