
Some of us missed the festivities, so I'm curious to hear some reviews. All that's up on the lawschool website are a few clips of Breyer and a few shots of the processional, but that's it. Any thoughts?
The UNAUTHORIZED blogger collective for the University of Colorado Law School.

7 comments:
I stayed for the dedication; sat in the tent. The big screen was quite nice, and probably as good as or better than sitting outside. The procession, which proceeded outside our range of sight, was still cool, because some poked their heads through the tent flaps, and we laughed and cheered. The whole thing was lovely; I was moved to tears by the Ute Elder. And overall, I really liked the theme of taking an active role in our communities. I was glad I got to be there.
Missed the festivities, but I do like the finishing touches to the building that were added in the last couple of days. The gold lettering of WOLF LAW BUILDING and the new light fixtures at each enterance are especially nice.
I thought Breyer was a great speaker. Very funny!
What did the Ute elder do?
The Ute Elder first expressed his gratitude for the invitation to bless the building, and asked us to welcome fellow and future studens whose ancestors once lived here into this building and the studies we pursue here. He added that the Creator knows what we do here. Then he lit a smoke stick (I don't know what it is called, forgive me), and commenced singing. He repeated his song to the north, south, east, and the west, each time sending the smoke in that direction by fanning it with a beautifu feather. Then he offered a prayer, which the microphone did not pick up, but his hand motions indicated that he was asking a blessing upon various parts of the building and the people who would gather there.
The whole thing was very cool- Breyer was really fantastic. Getches was just beaming, which was really fun to watch. He earned it!
He was still beaming today.
Post a Comment