
Earlier this week I was stunned by opposing counsel's foul bad breath during our preliminary negotiation. I've gotten used to this problem from in-custody criminal defendants -- personal hygiene must take a back seat to protecting one's personal space in jail. But I had to stop talking to this Limberger lawyer to avoid inhaling his roadkill breath. It made me wonder -- was this a ploy? Was counsel hoping I'd cave just so I could escape his company? Has the art of zealous representation sunk to a new low? Or did this guy just forget to grab a mint after his lunch of (I'm guessing) bourbon, cigarettes, coffee, garlic, and a bong hit or two?
Any tips on how to deflect horrible halitosis when engaged in whispered conversation with colleagues?
3 comments:
Here's a couple of ideas:
A dab of scented hand lotion or creme (in your favorite scent) discretely smoothed under your nostrils.
Make use of a breath-freshening mint (Altoids comes to mind) for yourself, and inhale your own aroma.
Or, possibly better, as you walk up to opposing counsel, be opening the package of mints and consuming one, then as you arrive, say: "would you like one?"
avoiding bad breath is tricky.
a person of average intellect would be hard-pressed to find a cure.
To tell the truth I in a real delight of that you have created. I cannot call it as site at all. It is the whole world and life for the people keen by this theme, for people with the common interests. I think, that the purpose of your site is to unite people with similar sights.
- www.blogger.com k
download ringtone
cell phone ringtone
free ringtone
ringtone
real music ringtone
polyphonic ringtone
linkin park ringtone
madonna ringtone
lil wayne ringtone
eminem ringtone
50 cent ringtone
Post a Comment