Friday, September 01, 2006

Another parking issue

Since this whole blawg thing seems to work (who knew?), this is just a short post to call attention to the lack of space on bike racks in front of Wolf. We could use a couple more. It seems as if we had the same number of racks last year but I don't remember having to fight for rack space the way I do now. CU Parking tickets (or warns that they'll ticket) those who lock bikes to signs and light posts, but that was my only choice a few times this past week. Maybe the 1Ls really like to ride their bikes. (If so, yay 1Ls!) I'd also like to say I love Wolf; it is so nice, and I feel bad that last year's 3Ls who were so instrumental in getting it built do not get to enjoy it.

7 comments:

Coffinberry said...

The bike racks around back (beside the 402 door) don't seem quite so full . . . or is it only my imagination that there are some racks back there? ? ?

BlawBlawBlaw said...

Oh hey, thanks! I've never been back there and didn't know they were there.

Ryan Kalamaya said...

I noticed the lack of space at the bike racks the first day (along with the inadequate number of chairs in the cafe) and said something to the building manager. One only hopes they can just add another rack. It doesn't seem to be that it would be very hard.

Coffinberry said...

I have to admit, the 402 lot is turning out to have more advantages than I first thought. For starters, I can park a darned sight closer to the entrance than I could if I were parking in 470.

And I'm getting used to the stairs. Altogether, I really like Wolf, and I am often delighted with surprise at finding cool locations and amenities therein.

BBB, take a ride around the building; there may be even more racks.

Scott Turner said...

there are at least 5 in 402.

BlawBlawBlaw said...

Unfrozen-- racks or spaces?

cublawg said...

Racks. And there's actually seven of them.