Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Listserv Email Policy

Like many other CU Law students, I am sick and tired of receiving 5,000 word essays about the latest SBA meeting, WLC hours, Doman, ATLAS, or any other student group leader convinced of their own import. More importantly, however, as a result of the Courtney West debacle, I believe that we are only supposed to receive one email per week with a compilation of all the announcements. Even if there's some exception to that rule which allows those-who-shall-not-be-named to email us twelve times a week, I offer the following protest: I encourage all of you to set up spam filters that automatically trash anything from one of the class listservs containing the names of those-who-shall-not-be-named in the message text. Moreover, I encourage all of those-who-shall-not-be-named to look up the word "pithy."

7 comments:

notjustlaw said...

So HS, your blawg entry was referenced in a list-serv email... cool!

notjustlaw said...

It is also good to see SBA is instituing a "communications officer" to help stem the tide of random emals. The CU bLAWg, changing law school policies one post at a time.

cublawg said...

Emails ran on time.

cublawg said...

In any event, it seems questionable to layer on another level of bureaucracy when Cindy is already the gate-keeper for this stuff.

Scott Turner said...

Cindy has been instructed to give all CU students the Heisman regarding class-wide e-mails. So I have been sending requests to the President of '08 for distribution. Is there a protocol for this anyway?

Scott Turner said...

Cindy has been instructed to give all CU students the Heisman regarding class-wide e-mails. So I have been sending requests to the President of '08 for distribution. Is there a protocol for this anyway?

cublawg said...

If there isn't, there really should be.