I don't want to say I enjoyed this film, because I didn't. It was incredibly difficult to sit through, parts of it made me sick. However, I will say that it was very tastefully done and respectful to the heroes and victims of that terrible day.
Is this movie a blatant exploitation of a terrible tragedy, put to film simply to make money? I don't believe so. To me this film is meant to explain what happened on the ground during the highjackings (to help put to rest the conspiracy theories of the plane being shot down?), but also to tell the story of a group of people who fought against their fear to save themselves and their fellow passengers.
Is it too soon to make a film about this topic? That question is up for debate. As someone who was not directly involved, or personally touched by the events of September 11th, I don't believe it is too soon. However, I am aware that others, who were directly affected, might very well think otherwise.
Anyone else have any thoughts on the film itself, or thoughts on the concept of the film in general?
Saturday, April 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hell, they made a movie about the death of the Pope like a week after he died.
But I think for things like this there's a general 10 year waiting period.
Post a Comment