Saturday, April 08, 2006

How I Know You're an Undergrad

Excuse me. Yes, you. I know you're trying to blend, but let me just tell you something: You don't. You think you can sneak into the law library and do some studying and no one will be the wiser, but, Sweetie, I know you're an undergrad. I can tell because:

1. The law school is small and I don't recognize you.
2. Your textbooks do not have sold red, blue or brown covers.
3. You're wearing sweatpants with your sorority name or "Buffs" written on the ass.
4. You're tan.
5. You look well rested (or not well rested, but clearly hung over).
6. You think that if you talk on your cell phone in the stacks we won't be able to hear you.
7. A quick glance into your eyes clearly indicates that your soul is intact.

Technically, outside of finals season, you are allowed to be in the law library. So stay. But shut up. And just know that I know.

7 comments:

notjustlaw said...

Hear, Hear Moop. I don't really care right now whether undergrads are in the library, but I do get upset when they are on the phone, muttering to themselves as they try to cram for a test, or when they take a prime studying place!

And I agree, it is quite obvious who they are... (the biology notes tend to give them away!)

Buffs said...

i used to hate those undergrads when I was a 1L. seeing as i avoid the library at all costs now, i don't really run into them, but i always loved their righteous 'I'm studying for my Soc 101 final, and it's super important, so I have a lot of highlighters like the law students, but wait, is that Jenny calling? OMG!' attitudes.

C-$ said...

Points 4, 5, and 7 seem to be fueled on jealousy. Maybe point 3 as well? I dunno, those sweatpants can be pretty cute sometimes.

cublawg said...

The dearth of outlets precipitated by such tresspasses most irritates me. Likewise, the influx of disease transported from stench-laden undergraduate domiciles also represents cause for concern. Both our health and our battery life would collectively improve if pledge trainers stopped worrying about the deleteiorus effects of beer bongs on the chapter's GPA and love-struck, pajama-clad communications majors quit converting carrels to prurient purposes.

I'm so terribly vexed by it all...

jt castleton said...

love the sweatpants, don't forget the big white sunglasses.

cublawg said...

I just saw one in "the big room" sipping on a Bud tall boy and chomping pringles. Grrr....

cublawg said...

Wait, Don Ford just delivered the smack down. But now grundergrad is making out with his latest conquest. Ew.