Friday, April 07, 2006

Damn

That talent show was great. All the performers were just incredible. If you didn't go, you truly missed out.

10 comments:

cublawg said...

Head...still...hurts... ;-)

Doman's scheduling of International Beer Day on the same day as the Talent Show qualifies, at least for me, as a stroke of genious. The house band was unqualifiedly awesome. I do feel somewhat bad for the faculty, though, as there were only three of them there. I can attest, however, that Huntington laughed her ass off during one of the earlier acts.

BlawBlawBlaw said...

Definitely. International Beer Day added to the fun in a huge way. There were so many good acts last night, but the woman who sang-- the one who I guess is a 1L's partner? Wow. She's obviously a ringer. Who is she?

cublawg said...

Dunno. Quite the talented lady.

If anyone has pictures from the event, please send them along to me at cublawg@gmail.com and I'll post them.

Lindsay said...

Blaw beat me to it! That was insanely good! Everyone was excellent- I agree with HS that the house band was amazing- they really helped a lot of people sound their best. I think Stan really set the mood of the talent show. The approach of most people went something like this:
I'm being kinda silly up here in grass skirt and coconut bra and . . . BAM! I'm also amazing! Seriously, did he just pick up the ukuleke or what? He was great!

When the Brokeback Singers were talking about "discrete and insular groups" I almost screamed "FOOTNOTE 4!!" Unfortunately I don't like beer and I was far too sober. Sigh.

legally intoxicated said...

dunno, JQET. guess you'll have to go straight to the source for the answer to that one.

BlawBlawBlaw said...

So I'm reading Con Law today and what do I come across? Yeah.... "discrete and insular." hmmmm... who knew Con Law could be so much fun? Honestly, I don't know if the 1Ls can live up to that show. We'll have to bring in, like, the actual Bob Dylan and, um, Pink or something just to compete. Maybe Coldplay? The original Van Halen? The bar's set pretty high.

Lindsay said...

FOOTNOTE FOUR! WHOOOO!

cublawg said...

Too late, Moop. ;-)

legally intoxicated said...

take pity, she's a 2nd semester 3L.

Lindsay said...

Yeah. I've been a bit behind schedule on *everything* lately. Just ask my seminar prof.