Thursday, March 16, 2006

Time to put some limbs in jeopardy, people!

Ok, how many times does there have to be a close call on that roundabout just outside lot 402 before somebody puts up signage and removes the lower limbs from that evergreen tree??!!!

People come whipping out of the row closest to Fleming and never look to see if there is anyone already in the roundabout. Not that it would be easy to look, mind you, on account of that tree, but the rule, people, is

Yield to vehicles coming from your left already in the traffic circle!!!

And don't cut through the left side of the circle if you're going straight out on Kittredge!

(Today is the third time this month I 've been nearly broadsided by some idiot. I, for one, am tired of it!)

4 comments:

cublawg said...

I've likely been that idiot at least once. Sorry.

J-Po said...

The problem is that traffic circles aren't very common in this country, so nobody knows how to use them right (myself included, unfortunately). There's a road in Golden that has circles at something like ten intersections in a row. It scares the crap out of me even though the speed limit is only about 30.

Lindsay said...

I think the very same thing about that damn tree every time I drive into that circle. It makes my law school exits really exciting!

cublawg said...

Here's a jurisdictional question: can law enforcement issue citations for violations of traffic laws on private roads? I've always wondered about that...