Sunday, March 19, 2006

New Building Movie

I'm so thrilled that the law school is getting a new building. The road has been long and hard for CU Law, but we're almost there! And I think it's great that we're playing it up on the website. The video showing the progress in construction is a really good idea too.
Here's where you lose me: the music. I'm pretty sure the exact same music was featured in the videos I watched in Drivers' Ed, which were probably twenty years old when I watched them.
In the '90's.
Was anyone else waiting for a dramatic voice over stressing the importance of careful merging?

4 comments:

cublawg said...

I personally enjoyed the unique mix of news cast theme song, porno-inspired rhythm guitar, and (huh?) steel drums. What really got me about the video, however, was Wilkinson's use of the "Clinton thumb" for emphasis of important points. Say it with me now: "I did not have sex with that building..."

legally intoxicated said...

Did anyone see the original movie? "Mr. Ed," the construction manager, uses the word "ass" without referring to a pack animal, and Hal Bruff says the best thing about the new building is that "it won't be Fleming." Tres professional.

Also, is there any unequovically positive way to discuss the state of morale? Any time you have to mention morale, it's usually because it either is currently or was recently in the shitter. Wilk makes it sound as if the new building will catapult us from TTT to Top 15 in a single ribbon-cutting. Shouldn't we be projecting slightly more confidence than that to prospective students?

C-$ said...

All I gotta say is that they better be putting in dividers between those urinals...Seriously...

notjustlaw said...

Without those dividers the bathroom looked like it belonged in a classy prison. The Morale comments from Wilkinson looked like a desperate plea for more alumni donations (at least that is how it struck me).