Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Denver firms up to $110,000

I don't believe this has been officially announced, but I heard from a 1st year down in one of the big Denver firms that all the big firms are bumping first years up to $110,000. That's up from $90,000.

11 comments:

cublawg said...

I prefer the El Camino.

notjustlaw said...

Lexus makes some sweet souls. I lilke my soul to ride smooth with lots of electronic gadgets.

BlawBlawBlaw said...

No, you guys have it all wrong. The trick isn't to get one of those jobs but to make friends with the people who *will* get those jobs. Undoubtedly those people will spend their money on second homes in Aspen and other such niceties. So that's where those of us outside of the top 10% come in. See, those people will be spending a LOT of time at work and won't always be able to avail themselves of the second homes and the ski boats they've purchased. But I'm sure they won't mind if their friends get some good use of those things every once in a while. It's like when I was a kid and made friends with all of the kids in my class who had pools and/or whose mothers let them eat Cookie Crisp cereal and drink soda after school. It's not that I didn't like my friends, but let's just say I liked the total package a whole lot better.
Seriously, I don't know if it's worth it even for that kind of money. Even for double the money.

notjustlaw said...

Great point Blaw. I'm offically announcing that I am for sale as an all-time best friend for any Top 10%er.

jt castleton said...

ah, the conundrum: work less and marry a 10%er or work more and marry a trophy.

legally intoxicated said...

i just want more cookie crisp.

cublawg said...

If you're working on FenFen for ten years, as the extremely well-paid Arnold & Porter folk do, there's an argument to be made that cookie crisp isn't everything.

BlawBlawBlaw said...

Hakim, now I'm really hungry.

cublawg said...

COOOOOkie crisp!

LegalSchmegal said...

Honeycombs big, yeah yeah yeah! It's not small, no no no!

legally intoxicated said...

i think there is an argument to be made that Biglaw associates should be compensated (at least in part) with cookie crisp. first of all, the anthropomorphic animal who craves it ain't no sweet little bunny or a frog ... it's a goddamn wolf. and Biglaw wants the wolf.

second of all, i ate an entire box of cookie crisp last week. and i'm ready to take on the world. next up: i'm asking my firm to dash the 401(k) and stock the break room with those little choclatey chip cookies...