Wednesday, August 17, 2005

To Corp, or Not to Corp

My current dilemma: should I take Corporations? If so, should I take it this semester with all the rest of the gunners and David Hill; or should I bite the bullet, take Lowenstein next semester, and endure classes on Friday when I could be up skiing? There's a part of me that wants revenge with Hill. I received my worst 1L grade in his Property II class. Mueller already got his pay back for my first semester grade. It felt pretty good, I'm not going to lie. However, there's also that little doubt in the back of my head that says, "You f#$ked up Hill's class last semester, you hate handwritten exams, 1/2 the class is from the top 10% of each 2 and 3L class, and it's a 4-credit hour class."

Suggestions?

In other news, I have the #4 pick in my upcoming fantasy draft. I'm thinking Priest Holmes or Shaun Alexander are going to take me to the $400 pay-day, promised land. The thought of sitting through an entire class period tinkering with my team makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Whoever invented fantasy sports should be given a statue outside every stadium. Seriously.

7 comments:

notjustlaw said...

You can live without Skiiing on Fridays for a semester, especially with all the doubt surrounding taking Corp. with Hill.

Both picks are risky. Holmes will be great for the first 13 games, but will be hurt at the end. Alexander, for all the yards, isn't really the TD scorer he should be for such a big back.

Jaded said...

i took corp from lowenstein. but i'm a lowenstein fan. he was one of my favorite profs. and i think the multiple choice stuff is helpful to prep for the bar. just my two cents

Ryan Kalamaya said...

Thanks for all the advice. Michelle: I was trying to write "statue" (I edited it since) and you're right that I've been in law school too long (and its only my second year!).

Ryan Kalamaya said...

Also, Notjustlaw, you really think Alexander is a risky pick? I totally agree re: Holmes, but Alexander plays every game and is relatively consistent. I think McGahee would be the pen ultimate risk.

cublawg said...

Corp it, baby. You know you want one last semester of Hill.

notjustlaw said...

But how good can he be if (as the media emphasized all last year) that when they were on the one yard line, fighting for the playoff lives, and they run a sneak and not give it to a bruising back? He is an older running back, grousing about his contract, and he doesn't seem to like Seattle at all...It is not a good combination.I don't how your league is set up, but if there is empahsis on TD's I would avoid Alexander.

I don't know, McGahee, with a new quaterback in front of him, is going to get a lot of carries, and will rip off some nice 40 yard TD runs.

notjustlaw said...

By the way, beatlaw what do you mean? i let go of the 1% myth before i even enrolled. It is stupid, petty crap like that whcih sparks the totally unneccesary law school competition. I mean the word around the 2L's right now is that three people left the scool and thus we all move up three spots in the rankings!! Is that healthy?