Did anyone else get this?
This message is being sent to inform you that one or more unauthorized individuals recently breached a computer server within Wardenburg Health Center on the Boulder campus. We are currently investigating the scope of this breach. At this time, we know the individuals accessed the server without authorization. Sensitive information submitted by students, faculty, staff, and visitors was present on this server and could have been accessed.
Some of your personal information, including your Social Security Number, student number, address and date of birth was stored on this server. Other than results of approximately 2,000 laboratory tests, there was no other medical or prescription information on the server. There also was no financial information on the server.
The investigation is continuing, but preliminary information indicates this incident affects a departmental server that was taken offline immediately after the breach was discovered. At this time, we have no evidence to indicate personal information was stolen or has been used to anyone's detriment. However, as a precaution, we are sending letters to everyone
whose information was stored on this machine with instructions about how to protect against potential fraud and identity theft.
You may wish to take steps now to protect yourself from fraud and identity theft by filing a police report and checking the university's online resource page, which provides information for responding to identify theft at http://www.colorado.edu/its/security/whc . The site includes detailed information in the "Facts About Identity Theft" section. Another site at http://www.colorado.edu/its/security/awareness/feb05priva also contains useful information.cy/
The University of Colorado understands the importance of maintaining the privacy of sensitive data, including the education records of its students. We want to assure you that we take this matter very seriously, and continue to work diligently to ensure that our policies and technical security measures promote the integrity and confidentiality of such records. We deeply regret any inconvenience or concern this incident may cause you. If you have questions or require additional information, check the campus Web site at www.colorado.edu/its/security/whc , call the Wardenburg Hotline at (303) 492-8741 or contact Alissa Baumbach, Assistant to the Director of Wardenburg Health Center, at (303) 492-0025, Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday, July 21, 2005
WTF?
Just got this in the mail today. I'm a little stressed out and unresponsive today, so I'm not sure what to think about it. Apparently someone knows my SSN, date of birth, and that I use Allegra. Bad for me...good for...I don't know...? Of all the places to hack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
got it too. tho i've already been an ID victim 2x in the last year, so right now there's no credit to steal. i definitely renewed the 'watch' on my report, just for kix.
FWIW, I didn't (not yet).
I got the med notice too, but am not very worried.
Cowboyslaw: do you wear your jeans tight enough so that other people can count how much change you have in your pocket? That's hot....
That's all well and good, Cowboyslaw, but just remember, "8 Seconds Ain't Long Enough." :-D
My Turkish is a little rusty these days...
oh cowboys....you just brought back some line dancing memories that i thought i had blocked out forever! though ours was at prom, not post-prom. and it wasn't beside a lake but underneath the basketball hoop in the gym.
and thank you for the exclusion from the general category of wyoming girls ;)
ahhh....sweet forbidden line dancing....the good old days. we would follow up the post-prom by driving 30 miles to the nearest restaurant open 24 hours a day for breakfast. this was usually around 5 a.m. after we had all been up all night. to stay awake, we'd see whose cars would go over 100 mph on the interstate.
Ah..."2 Legit"...Hammer's swan song before he descended into a pit of bankruptcy and VH1 specials.
All this talk of Western proms has me longing for some bluegrass music on this lovely Friday afternoon. If you lean that way, check out Doyle Lawson's new album, "You Gotta Dig a Little Deeper." It may not meet with U Chicago's musical tastes, but I'm basking in blasted banjos and high-tenor harmonies...
I thought some form of 4X4 was required for attending?
F*$k Telluride! Go to Rocky Grass this weekend at Lyons. Boulder County, representing.
Also, I'm not afraid to admit that I was jamming the hand motions to "2 Legit to Quit" at the Foundry's "Retro Tuesday" only a few days ago. That's right, this past Tuesday. Boulder County, again representing.
I'll be in Vail myself and intend to see just how good of a pianist Chicago actually is. However, I find it somewhat fishy that Cowboyslaw and Chicago's comments almost always differ by as much time as it takes to write the length of their respective following comments. Hmmmmm.....
Imposter! Very, very clever, Cowboyslaw. Click on the "Bolder Law" above and then click on "my" posts to see the proof.....
boys, boys, boys....can't we all just get along??
i must confess that i often wonder how many of the characters that find their way here are really that--mere characters *cough*cowboyslaw*cough*
The turkish handle and contributions crack me up!
I wish I had Bolder's athleticism, but sadly I barely managed to pass my high school fitness test in order to graduate.
Post a Comment