Forget my boyfriend's graduation. That shirt is so mine...
Saturday, July 02, 2005
Law School Tshirts
I've always struggled with that fine line between being "that girl/guy" who needs to tell everyone they're in law school, and hiding it like some shameful, blistery rash. I was perusing some tshirts the other day to purchase for my boyfriend who just graduated from law school in the Netherlands. Unlike me, he's not ostentatious, so my goal was to find something subtle. As far as what is out there, one again needs to tread that fine line. There are the "Law School - striving to be average" shirts, "I own Blackacre", "I adversely possessed your boyfriend last night", "I use your mom so much, I should have a prescriptive easement", "Trust me, I'm a Lawyer", and the special "Fertile Octogenarian" shirts (I won't even get into that one), clearly announcing to everyone, or at least those in law school, that not only is the wearer in law school, but they know all these fancy words that the rest of the world doesn't! Then there are those tshirt which express a general feeling about the law -- "You can't have manslaughter without Laughter!", "High Five Patent", "Restraining Orders are just another way to say I love you", etc....then there are those t-shirts that are so sublimely perfect, so genius in their construction, and that allow the wearer to feel that oh so well deserved connection with "the law" and yet not alienate the rest of the world with pretentiousness, they must be purchased immediately.
Forget my boyfriend's graduation. That shirt is so mine...
Forget my boyfriend's graduation. That shirt is so mine...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
lol Are these available online?
Yes...www.bustedtees.com
As well as here:
http://www.cafepress.com/lawschooltees/
Thanks naech, hakim!
Now I'm armed...with cheesy legalese..
Watch out, world!
Post a Comment