Per a request on prior post, here's a link to a daily camera story about protesting the Cinemark theater, because the owners donated in support of Prop 8.
My first inclination is that it is bad business practice to support such contentious matters. But I must admit that as a left-wing voter, I would be thrilled if the donation had gone the other way. So upon that realization, I remember something similar that happened locally:
After seeing a Jake Jabs commercial in support of the anti-union measures on the Colorado ballot this year, I decided I would not shop there any more. I think it was a bad business practice, and if he wanted to help the cause without alienating customers, I think he should instead just make the donation (as the Cinemark company did), without appearing and using his name and goodwill to support a political cause.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
I boycott Cinemark because it costs $12 to see "Role Models."
I'm more offended by the federal government spending money on crap like "Norad Tracks Santa." Aren't there more important things to be spending our taxes on?
"Since that time, NORAD men, women, family and friends have selflessly volunteered their time to personally respond to Christmas Eve phone calls and emails from children. "
Calm down...Doesn't look like many tax dollars are being spent on this....I'm pretty sure that no real satellites/fighter jets/etc. are being used for this. Its just something fun for kids.
you dont get to complain about federal spending until you actually pay taxes, douche
I got an mass spam email from someone who was disappointed in the outcome of the election. He looked at the electoral map that is county by county and decided to do something about it. He is only purchasing products from red counties.
I think it's a valid argument. Boycott Jake Jabbs, boycott the movie theater, boycott products in blue counties like that email spammer.
It's a free country still so exercise your 1st amendment rights while you still have them. Of course, after watching what happened to Joe the Plumber, you may not have them very long so boycott early while you can.
6:52, it sounds like you are assuming that i am an unemployed, loan-ridden slacker like yourself. some people work through school, ya know?
Some people also worked before school.
I'm farklempt. Let me give you a topic: two Quiznos founders give the law school a $5 million gift to fund the Schaden Chair in Experiential Learning, which is neither an actual chair, experiential, nor learning.
Also, one could say the money's tainted.
Talk amongst yourselves.
I believe you mean verklempt.
Carry on.
Thanks to the Schadens and their toasty subs! Seriously, 4:02? The point is to TEACH law students through EXPERIENCE (hence the name experiental learning). Anyway, where's the blog action? The economy is the worst it has been in most law students' lives (no offense NTLSA!)and law firms are cutting jobs and (gasp) bonuses! Let's complain a little more about that, and a little less about "tainted" $5m donations to our school. Sheesh.
*yawn*
It's easier to criticize than to originate.
If a tree falls in a forest, does a bear sh@# in the woods with the pope watching?
And what category does the the comment "it's easier to criticize than originate" fall into: criticism or originating? Apparently the lazy critique the lazy...
By that logic, a person criticizing a critique of sloth is exponentially lazier.
How about a general thread for finals? Or a thread for prof. quotes from this semester?
Was anyone impacted by the "day without gays" protest today?
If you didn't hear about the protest, it involved gay people calling in sick throughout the country today to protest the passage of CA prop. 8.
Post a Comment