The UNAUTHORIZED blogger collective for the University of Colorado Law School.
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
3L big decisions
Thoughts on this? LRAP donation, student lounge. Could someone please provide the amount of donation we would be looking at, or more details for student lounge?
45 comments:
Anonymous
said...
You would know already if you had gone to the town hall on Tuesday.
Anyways, they're hoping for about 25k which would be either donated or spent on the lounge. They said the lounge details would be up on the TWEN site, but they aren't yet.
Roughly, the lounge would be a TV, some couches, an eternal coffee cup (free coffee!), more tables outside, and possibly even heat lamps outside (so the deck can be used when it's cold out).
LRAP donation seemed pretty straight forward, but it has yet to be decided if it would be used for grants this year or be added to the principal of the LRAP account, and have the interest be used for grants in the future (The second option is how the LRAP thing is generally done).
As the first commenter so charmingly noted (despite the obvious nature of my post) I was not at the town hall meeting, and I suspect the meeting did not have 160-ish attendees. Did anybody question whether having coffee in the student lounge might interfere with any contract the school has with Spruce?
What's the cost from Spruce? They certainly aren't know for giving us good deals. And be careful about the waivers everyone the 08 grads also did that and it really didn't turn out like they thought it would.
another thought on the student lounge... in my mind, the most appealing part is the heat lamps on the patio, but it was brought up at the meeting that the heat lamps might violate the school's green building code. A student got busted for having a mini fridge as a violation of the green code, and it doesn't seem that a heat lamp would be much different.
1)anon 10:40, I do not know the answer yet to the environmental concerns with the heat lamps, but to me there is a slight difference between the mini fridge and the heat lamps. The mini fridge is probably considered "bad" for energy efficiency reasons because it is running at all times. Many varieties of outdoor heat lamps run on a standard propane tank like those used for a grill, and they will be turned on and off when needed. If the grill in the courtyard is not against code, I'm not sure the heat lamps would be, but I just dont know that answer yet.
2)anon at 8:12, cost still has to be negotiated, but I dont think it would be too bad. I am not the biggest fan of Spruce either, but they have done a better job making some of the food a little more affordable. As to your cautionary statement about the class of 2008, I'm not sure I know what you are talking about?
3)in the description of the student lounge to start this thread, there is no mention of the sound system for the cafe/patio. Thought I would mention that.
Talking to an 08 grad - only some people signed their waivers, so it really felt like a limited few carried the burden of the gift and graduation costs. It seems like there were some bad feelings over the whole thing - pressure from the class officers to sign and then slackers who didn't want to contribute, but wanted to benefit. But - I will clarify, that I have only talked to two 08 grads about it. If we all sign our waivers that would be great anon. 1114p!
We (Class of 2008) were essentially blackmailed into signing waivers. It was either sign the waiver and get 5 free graduation tickets, or don't sign and pay for your parents to see you graduate from law school (if I remember correctly, it was $20 or $30 a ticket, but I'm not positive about that). That's where a lot of the bad feelings came from. I felt better about it (though I still don't appreciate blackmail) once I realized my money was going to the Jenn Shelton scholarship fund instead of to that stupid gym idea they concocted.
Thank you, 7:03. I fel the same way this year. I don't want to sign my waiver so we can have yet another place to sit in the law school. Its superfluous. A scholarship like LRAP seems much more meaningful. I would rather be able to make my decision about the waiver once I know which gift we're funding. I'm sure leadership wont want to do that b/c of the ramifications on both sides...
Thanks to MF for responding to all of this--a lot of us couldn't make the meeting, thanks MM for starting a discussion here. I'm not clear on the waivers--do they go toward the class gift or toward not having to pay for composites and graduation? The answer would make a big difference for me, and I'm guessing everyone else who's broke and would love 200 bucks right now.
Class leaders, could you please let us know the following:
How much graduation tickets + composites + grad party + other related expenses = per person
I assume what is left over from each $200 waiver is what they plan on putting towards the class gift(?). Why not take graduation expenses directly out of the waiver and then let us decide whether we want to contribute further?
How much do we have for the class gift without waiver money? It might not be enough for a lounge with heat lamps (totally unnecessary, in my opinion), but could make a decent scholarship donation.
I do not mean this as an assault on our class officers, b/c I think they're a really good group of people, but I feel like the size of this class gift is more a reflection on them than it is on everyone else. Hence, they're pushing this waiver with the hope that they can use part of that money to enhance the size of the gift with the goal of having the largest class gift ever. Yes, that would be nice, but I need my $200. I'm broke. Literally. I need that money to buy food and gas...etc. Iw ould rather take part in a class fundraiser in search of money from people outside of CU Law who can afford tyo make a donation than fund the class gift with my gas money.
Just FYI, you won't get your $200 refund back until June sometime. Long before then, you should have your bar loan in your hot little hand to pay for food, gas, and more flashcards than you can imagine.
anon 7:03 AM, don't be overly dramatic. class of '08 was allowed to bring as many guests as they wanted to see you graduate (the ceremony). someone had 40 people go to the ceremony. there was a cost for the reception.
I wonder if the people who don't want to sign the waiver because they "want $200" realize they'll be payign $20-30 per family member to attend graduation?
Anon 7:58AM: You're exactly right. What I should have done was have my family fly in from out of state, go to the free ceremony, and then not have any food or drink. What was I thinking?
Graduation is free. Reception costs money. And if the Dean's speech is as awful as it was last year (1 hour?!? alone), you may want to skip graduation.
Can someone clarify what's going on for those who couldn't make the meeting? I've heard that the 200 only goes toward grad. and receptions and photos, and then I've heard some of it goes toward the class gift. I think the great work our class officers put into fundraising over the last 2 1/2 years is sufficient for a class gift, so I'd keep my 200 if that's what it's going toward. If it's going to making sure family doesn't have to pay to see me graduate, I'm more than willing to turn it over. Anyone?
Alright, I'm back, sorry for the delay in the responses (a lot going on with work, school, faculty auction, family weekend visit from mom, and the Rays earning a trip to the World Series!!). Anywho, I'll try to answer these posts the best I can.
Generally speaking, the money will go toward the class gift, which in turn will dictate what we can do for a reception. If we dont have much luck with the waivers, the reception may be scaled back (or we may not be able to hold it unless we charge), which in my mind, would be unfortunate as this will be our last chance to hang out as a class (other than for reunions). This isn't a threat by any means, I'm just hoping we can afford a reception, but I'm only one vote, so you guys decide...
On to the specific posts:
1)anons 6:26 and 7:03, I appreciate your concerns and hopefully we have great participation so we dont have any problems with some people feeling like they are paying for others fun. I cant speak to last year's waiver signing attempts, but I know the last thing we are trying to do is "blackmail" our friends and classmates. This is fundraising, and if money wasnt raised, I could see why some people would need to be charged last year(at least for a reception). Ultimately, we are trying to avoid charging people while still having a reception, so that's why we are hoping for great participation (which our class has done the entire time we have been in law school).
2)anon 8:09, I understand what you are saying, but because this is a fundraiser for our class, we are compelled to do it this way because it helps maximize participation. Additionally, people will be more likely to vote where the money goes when there are two options to choose from. I know this isnt the answer you would prefer, but in the best interests of our class, it is important that we do it this way. Thanks for your understanding.
3)anon 9:07, if you were confused with my answer in the "generally speaking" section above, sorry about that. To further answer your question, the money from the waivers ultimately impacts everything that we will do from class gift to graduation. As I stated above, the most likely event to be impacted if waiver participation is low (and if we didnt charge for graduation) is definitely the reception.
4)anon 9:49, we do not have those figures yet, costs are changing all the time, and depending on what kind of a reception (if any at all) we have, the cost can very greatly. I will tell you, though, the cost is quite expensive. As we move forward and start to hone in on what we are doing, we will make sure to let you know what the costs amount to. Additionally, and this is a key point, we cant take graduation expenses before the class gift money from the waiver fund. This is the way the account was set up before any of us got here, back when we paid the matriculation fee.
5)anon 12:29, sorry you were so confused. I'll just let you know that we sent multiple emails for the town hall and posted it on the school events calendar. And since you missed the meeting, FYI we did talk about many aspects of graduation , not just the waiver.
6)anon 1:45, first, thanks for the initial kind words. Second, I do not consider the size of the class gift a reflection on me at all. One year from now I doubt anyone in the administration will remember me at all, so I'm not gaining anything with a larger class gift other than I feel good for our class. I think whatever we give to LRAP or a student lounge will be greatly appreciated, no matter the size. Moreover, we have absolutely zero chance of having the biggest gift ever, and that was never our goal. Last year's gift was huge due to the gift receiving a bump from memorials, donations, etc. to the Jenn Shelton scholarship. As to being broke, I feel your pain. I just got my loan letter stating that I owe $95,000, and that's without next semester included! If you need food and gas, you should keep your money so you can be healthy and happy. No worries. FYI, as the poster stated above, the money doesnt come until next summer, so just be advised of that fact for budgeting purposes.
7)anon 10:29, you will not be forced to pay for a reception. Last year they had to pay, but it was up to the student if they wanted to show up or not. No one was forced to do anything. And if you have a problem with the possibility of having to pay for a reception, well so do I! The fact of the matter is we are a public institution without tons of funding, and by next spring we will have spent 3 years raising funds trying to avoid ever asking anyone for money for the reception. Let's just hope we get good participation on the waiver forms and all of these questions are moot.
8)anon 10:46, thanks for the post. In case I havent been clear and/or you didnt read all of my ramblings earlier, the waiver money goes to the class gift due to the fact that the CU Foundation has had control of that money since we paid it way back when. If we have trouble raising money through the waivers, money that we have raised over the last 3 years will go towards the class gift. You will not have to pay for your family to watch you graduate after 3 years of hard work, but depending on the amount of waivers returned, the possibilities for a reception are 1)no reception, 2)reception, limited food/drink, 3)big reception. Options 2) and 3) may include a fee depending on waiver participation.
Alright, hope some of this made sense. I know some of these answers aren't exactly what you were hoping to hear, but if I can make something clearer, let me know and I'll do my best. I appreciate all the questions and comments, and hope they continue...
Finally, once again, I have no preference for class gift. Both choices are great, and I hope you will find one of the two choices to get behind. My main hope (speaking for myself and not the other class officers) out of all of this is that we have a fun reception where we can all attend with our families, without having to pay a dime. I think it is definitely within the realm of possibilities, so I hope everyone that can afford to will consider signing the waivers and voting for a class gift.
MF - you rock. Im one of the anons you addressed, and I appreciate your time and candor. You answered my questions, and I really appreciate you taking the time to do so.
My two cents: I think we should have a limited reception even if we can afford a big one and use the extra money (if any) to go towards LRAP. Personally? My family would mostly just be happy I made it through in one piece, and likely will not even remember what is (or isn't) served at the reception. But it's just my two cents...
As an 08 grad - you guys should think about doing a nice big breakfast instead of a reception. Even though I paid for the reception - I didn't go with my family, because I was so excited just to be done and outa there. We went to lunch as a family instead. BUT a breakfast to mingle and take pictures w/ fam and friends would have been really nice.
Also, just for planning purposes - outdoor graduation doesn't work - and it was freaking freezing at the outdoor reception (also another reason to do an indoor breakfast).
I am confused. What happened with Judge Nottingham? I'm assuming he is retiring/fired/something? And yes, ML is there, but as someone pointed out, he is in a much more favorable position than most.
I just heard that a bunch of the 08ers are planning to come to the Halloween party. Anyone else think that is a bit weird, like Matthew Mcconaughey in Dazed in Confused style? "I get older but they stay the same age...alll rightttt."
Law school girls? As a true 08er, I say "that's one thing I love about them high school girls... They keep getting older, and I stay the saaaaaaaaaaame age."
MF has already said it, but I think it bears repeating.
Speaking as an 09er - Please keep in mind that not everyone can afford to donate the $200. I think everyone would appreciate if we did not discuss with each other who donated and who hasn't, because it can make people feel like the poor kid.
How about a new thread on the financial crisis, the job market, and Career Services? As a 3L with no BigLaw job lined up and many dead ends, I am concerned about post-Bar times.
45 comments:
You would know already if you had gone to the town hall on Tuesday.
Anyways, they're hoping for about 25k which would be either donated or spent on the lounge. They said the lounge details would be up on the TWEN site, but they aren't yet.
Roughly, the lounge would be a TV, some couches, an eternal coffee cup (free coffee!), more tables outside, and possibly even heat lamps outside (so the deck can be used when it's cold out).
LRAP donation seemed pretty straight forward, but it has yet to be decided if it would be used for grants this year or be added to the principal of the LRAP account, and have the interest be used for grants in the future (The second option is how the LRAP thing is generally done).
The lounge would also include "The Class of 2009" written in gold letters on the wall.
09ers,
The two options are up on TWEN now. Check them out...
MF
this was said at the townhall, but if enough people give their waivers, the class gift can be the lounge in addition to a donation to LRAP...
As the first commenter so charmingly noted (despite the obvious nature of my post) I was not at the town hall meeting, and I suspect the meeting did not have 160-ish attendees.
Did anybody question whether having coffee in the student lounge might interfere with any contract the school has with Spruce?
Re: coffee and Spruce contract
The idea is that we would buy the coffee grounds from Spruce to prevent that problem.
Undoubtedly there are concerns like this question that still need to be ironed out, but we will really get to the details if the lounge is approved.
Also, I have no preference which option wins. In my opinion, both are great choices.
peace,
mf
What's the cost from Spruce? They certainly aren't know for giving us good deals. And be careful about the waivers everyone the 08 grads also did that and it really didn't turn out like they thought it would.
another thought on the student lounge... in my mind, the most appealing part is the heat lamps on the patio, but it was brought up at the meeting that the heat lamps might violate the school's green building code. A student got busted for having a mini fridge as a violation of the green code, and it doesn't seem that a heat lamp would be much different.
we'd buy the coffee "grounds" from spruce? gross.
Anon at 8:12:
If everyone signs the waivers, we won't have the problem the Class of '08 had.
1)anon 10:40, I do not know the answer yet to the environmental concerns with the heat lamps, but to me there is a slight difference between the mini fridge and the heat lamps. The mini fridge is probably considered "bad" for energy efficiency reasons because it is running at all times. Many varieties of outdoor heat lamps run on a standard propane tank like those used for a grill, and they will be turned on and off when needed. If the grill in the courtyard is not against code, I'm not sure the heat lamps would be, but I just dont know that answer yet.
2)anon at 8:12, cost still has to be negotiated, but I dont think it would be too bad. I am not the biggest fan of Spruce either, but they have done a better job making some of the food a little more affordable. As to your cautionary statement about the class of 2008, I'm not sure I know what you are talking about?
3)in the description of the student lounge to start this thread, there is no mention of the sound system for the cafe/patio. Thought I would mention that.
4)keep the questions/concerns coming
mf
lol anon 11:12. I think I mean the grounds of coffee, or something like that. Whatever it is the Folgers guy is always dipping into...
Talking to an 08 grad - only some people signed their waivers, so it really felt like a limited few carried the burden of the gift and graduation costs. It seems like there were some bad feelings over the whole thing - pressure from the class officers to sign and then slackers who didn't want to contribute, but wanted to benefit. But - I will clarify, that I have only talked to two 08 grads about it. If we all sign our waivers that would be great anon. 1114p!
We (Class of 2008) were essentially blackmailed into signing waivers. It was either sign the waiver and get 5 free graduation tickets, or don't sign and pay for your parents to see you graduate from law school (if I remember correctly, it was $20 or $30 a ticket, but I'm not positive about that). That's where a lot of the bad feelings came from. I felt better about it (though I still don't appreciate blackmail) once I realized my money was going to the Jenn Shelton scholarship fund instead of to that stupid gym idea they concocted.
Thank you, 7:03. I fel the same way this year. I don't want to sign my waiver so we can have yet another place to sit in the law school. Its superfluous. A scholarship like LRAP seems much more meaningful. I would rather be able to make my decision about the waiver once I know which gift we're funding. I'm sure leadership wont want to do that b/c of the ramifications on both sides...
Thanks to MF for responding to all of this--a lot of us couldn't make the meeting, thanks MM for starting a discussion here.
I'm not clear on the waivers--do they go toward the class gift or toward not having to pay for composites and graduation? The answer would make a big difference for me, and I'm guessing everyone else who's broke and would love 200 bucks right now.
Class leaders, could you please let us know the following:
How much graduation tickets + composites + grad party + other related expenses = per person
I assume what is left over from each $200 waiver is what they plan on putting towards the class gift(?). Why not take graduation expenses directly out of the waiver and then let us decide whether we want to contribute further?
How much do we have for the class gift without waiver money? It might not be enough for a lounge with heat lamps (totally unnecessary, in my opinion), but could make a decent scholarship donation.
Where is the "town hall" in the law school anyway? I tried to go to the meeting, but no one was able to point me toward the "town hall."
Oh wait, I didn't go because I want to keep my $200.
I do not mean this as an assault on our class officers, b/c I think they're a really good group of people, but I feel like the size of this class gift is more a reflection on them than it is on everyone else. Hence, they're pushing this waiver with the hope that they can use part of that money to enhance the size of the gift with the goal of having the largest class gift ever. Yes, that would be nice, but I need my $200. I'm broke. Literally. I need that money to buy food and gas...etc. Iw ould rather take part in a class fundraiser in search of money from people outside of CU Law who can afford tyo make a donation than fund the class gift with my gas money.
Just FYI, you won't get your $200 refund back until June sometime. Long before then, you should have your bar loan in your hot little hand to pay for food, gas, and more flashcards than you can imagine.
anon 7:03 AM, don't be overly dramatic. class of '08 was allowed to bring as many guests as they wanted to see you graduate (the ceremony). someone had 40 people go to the ceremony. there was a cost for the reception.
I wonder if the people who don't want to sign the waiver because they "want $200" realize they'll be payign $20-30 per family member to attend graduation?
Anon 7:58AM: You're exactly right. What I should have done was have my family fly in from out of state, go to the free ceremony, and then not have any food or drink. What was I thinking?
Graduation is free. Reception costs money. And if the Dean's speech is as awful as it was last year (1 hour?!? alone), you may want to skip graduation.
We shouldnt be forced to pay for a reception. If you want to go, great. You pay for it.
Can someone clarify what's going on for those who couldn't make the meeting? I've heard that the 200 only goes toward grad. and receptions and photos, and then I've heard some of it goes toward the class gift. I think the great work our class officers put into fundraising over the last 2 1/2 years is sufficient for a class gift, so I'd keep my 200 if that's what it's going toward. If it's going to making sure family doesn't have to pay to see me graduate, I'm more than willing to turn it over.
Anyone?
Alright, I'm back, sorry for the delay in the responses (a lot going on with work, school, faculty auction, family weekend visit from mom, and the Rays earning a trip to the World Series!!). Anywho, I'll try to answer these posts the best I can.
Generally speaking, the money will go toward the class gift, which in turn will dictate what we can do for a reception. If we dont have much luck with the waivers, the reception may be scaled back (or we may not be able to hold it unless we charge), which in my mind, would be unfortunate as this will be our last chance to hang out as a class (other than for reunions). This isn't a threat by any means, I'm just hoping we can afford a reception, but I'm only one vote, so you guys decide...
On to the specific posts:
1)anons 6:26 and 7:03, I appreciate your concerns and hopefully we have great participation so we dont have any problems with some people feeling like they are paying for others fun. I cant speak to last year's waiver signing attempts, but I know the last thing we are trying to do is "blackmail" our friends and classmates. This is fundraising, and if money wasnt raised, I could see why some people would need to be charged last year(at least for a reception). Ultimately, we are trying to avoid charging people while still having a reception, so that's why we are hoping for great participation (which our class has done the entire time we have been in law school).
2)anon 8:09, I understand what you are saying, but because this is a fundraiser for our class, we are compelled to do it this way because it helps maximize participation. Additionally, people will be more likely to vote where the money goes when there are two options to choose from. I know this isnt the answer you would prefer, but in the best interests of our class, it is important that we do it this way. Thanks for your understanding.
3)anon 9:07, if you were confused with my answer in the "generally speaking" section above, sorry about that. To further answer your question, the money from the waivers ultimately impacts everything that we will do from class gift to graduation. As I stated above, the most likely event to be impacted if waiver participation is low (and if we didnt charge for graduation) is definitely the reception.
4)anon 9:49, we do not have those figures yet, costs are changing all the time, and depending on what kind of a reception (if any at all) we have, the cost can very greatly. I will tell you, though, the cost is quite expensive. As we move forward and start to hone in on what we are doing, we will make sure to let you know what the costs amount to. Additionally, and this is a key point, we cant take graduation expenses before the class gift money from the waiver fund. This is the way the account was set up before any of us got here, back when we paid the matriculation fee.
5)anon 12:29, sorry you were so confused. I'll just let you know that we sent multiple emails for the town hall and posted it on the school events calendar. And since you missed the meeting, FYI we did talk about many aspects of graduation , not just the waiver.
6)anon 1:45, first, thanks for the initial kind words. Second, I do not consider the size of the class gift a reflection on me at all. One year from now I doubt anyone in the administration will remember me at all, so I'm not gaining anything with a larger class gift other than I feel good for our class. I think whatever we give to LRAP or a student lounge will be greatly appreciated, no matter the size. Moreover, we have absolutely zero chance of having the biggest gift ever, and that was never our goal. Last year's gift was huge due to the gift receiving a bump from memorials, donations, etc. to the Jenn Shelton scholarship. As to being broke, I feel your pain. I just got my loan letter stating that I owe $95,000, and that's without next semester included! If you need food and gas, you should keep your money so you can be healthy and happy. No worries. FYI, as the poster stated above, the money doesnt come until next summer, so just be advised of that fact for budgeting purposes.
7)anon 10:29, you will not be forced to pay for a reception. Last year they had to pay, but it was up to the student if they wanted to show up or not. No one was forced to do anything. And if you have a problem with the possibility of having to pay for a reception, well so do I! The fact of the matter is we are a public institution without tons of funding, and by next spring we will have spent 3 years raising funds trying to avoid ever asking anyone for money for the reception. Let's just hope we get good participation on the waiver forms and all of these questions are moot.
8)anon 10:46, thanks for the post. In case I havent been clear and/or you didnt read all of my ramblings earlier, the waiver money goes to the class gift due to the fact that the CU Foundation has had control of that money since we paid it way back when. If we have trouble raising money through the waivers, money that we have raised over the last 3 years will go towards the class gift. You will not have to pay for your family to watch you graduate after 3 years of hard work, but depending on the amount of waivers returned, the possibilities for a reception are 1)no reception, 2)reception, limited food/drink, 3)big reception. Options 2) and 3) may include a fee depending on waiver participation.
Alright, hope some of this made sense. I know some of these answers aren't exactly what you were hoping to hear, but if I can make something clearer, let me know and I'll do my best. I appreciate all the questions and comments, and hope they continue...
Finally, once again, I have no preference for class gift. Both choices are great, and I hope you will find one of the two choices to get behind. My main hope (speaking for myself and not the other class officers) out of all of this is that we have a fun reception where we can all attend with our families, without having to pay a dime. I think it is definitely within the realm of possibilities, so I hope everyone that can afford to will consider signing the waivers and voting for a class gift.
Stay well everybody.
MF
New post: Judge Nottingham - also, were there any CUers clerking in his chambers?
yes. there was at least one 08er clerking for him...
ML (do we still have to do that for graduates)
I think that is a good idea ...
poor ML - that completely sucks!!!
MF - you rock. Im one of the anons you addressed, and I appreciate your time and candor. You answered my questions, and I really appreciate you taking the time to do so.
ML has a pretty great job locked up at Ballard Spahr. He can wipe away his tears with the $140K he makes a year.
Thanks MF for addressing everything.
My two cents:
I think we should have a limited reception even if we can afford a big one and use the extra money (if any) to go towards LRAP.
Personally? My family would mostly just be happy I made it through in one piece, and likely will not even remember what is (or isn't) served at the reception.
But it's just my two cents...
As an 08 grad - you guys should think about doing a nice big breakfast instead of a reception. Even though I paid for the reception - I didn't go with my family, because I was so excited just to be done and outa there. We went to lunch as a family instead. BUT a breakfast to mingle and take pictures w/ fam and friends would have been really nice.
Also, just for planning purposes - outdoor graduation doesn't work - and it was freaking freezing at the outdoor reception (also another reason to do an indoor breakfast).
Have a great year 3Ls!!
I am confused. What happened with Judge Nottingham? I'm assuming he is retiring/fired/something? And yes, ML is there, but as someone pointed out, he is in a much more favorable position than most.
Also, thanks MF. That helps a lot.
nevermind. I am slow...
http://www.knowyourcourts.com/Nottingham/Nottingham.htm
Anon 11:05
I just heard that a bunch of the 08ers are planning to come to the Halloween party. Anyone else think that is a bit weird, like Matthew Mcconaughey in Dazed in Confused style? "I get older but they stay the same age...alll rightttt."
As an 08er ... it is weird!
Law school girls? As a true 08er, I say "that's one thing I love about them high school girls... They keep getting older, and I stay the saaaaaaaaaaame age."
I don't think it is weird. It is a guaranteed party, that is always fun and crazy. Why not??
MF has already said it, but I think it bears repeating.
Speaking as an 09er -
Please keep in mind that not everyone can afford to donate the $200. I think everyone would appreciate if we did not discuss with each other who donated and who hasn't, because it can make people feel like the poor kid.
that being said - if you are planning on signing the waiver and haven't please do so.
(anon above)
How would you all feel about some '06ers crashing the Halloween party?
06ers,
If male, sure come stop by the Darkhorse for the Halloween party.
If female, sure come stop by the Outback for the Halloween party.
How about a new thread on the financial crisis, the job market, and Career Services? As a 3L with no BigLaw job lined up and many dead ends, I am concerned about post-Bar times.
Post a Comment