However the public assesses "My Grandfather's Son," for Thomas it was "a catharsis," according to commentator Armstrong Williams, a former Thomas aide who is throwing a book party for the justice this week. "He's definitely free, I can tell you that. You have to feel free to write something like that." --- Yes, I'm sure Clarence feels completely 'free' - free to stand quietly aside while the current Administration shreds the Constitution and methodically strips us of our precious Civil Rights - something many others in his long-forgotten and deeply-repudiated past fought for.
But, after all, that's specifically why he was chosen for his role.
To read the self-aggrandizing bleating that he sees himself as put-upon like a character in a novel is laughable at best and brutally repugnant at worst.
For anyone to swallow this sugar-coated encomium requires a healthy gulp of Kool-aide first.
In honor of Philly making the playoffs, does Joe Vento have a right to keep this sign hanging at Geno's in Philly? It says, "This is America. When Ordering Please Speak English." Freedom of speech? Discrimination? You can create another post or link here. I do not want to disrupt this post.
Here is a link: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/
Reponse by AH. See http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/
...Thomas also denies any inappropriate contact with Hill and, in an interview Sunday with CBS's "60 Minutes," alleges her testimony during the confirmation hearing was politically driven and used as "a weapon to destroy me, clear and simple."
Hill strongly denied the claims Tuesday in an interview with CNN.
"There have been several books written since then by independent journalists. They have all investigated those charges that were raised in 1991 and that he raises now, and they have all found them to be false," she said. "They haven't found one connection between me and someone who was politically motivated to keep him off the court."
"What happened was that I was contacted by the Senate, and the Senate contacted me and asked me a direct question about what happened to me in the workplace, and I responded truthfully," she added. "And there was no intermediary group that put me up to anything."
4 comments:
However the public assesses "My Grandfather's Son," for Thomas it was "a catharsis," according to commentator Armstrong Williams, a former Thomas aide who is throwing a book party for the justice this week. "He's definitely free, I can tell you that. You have to feel free to write something like that."
---
Yes, I'm sure Clarence feels completely 'free' - free to stand quietly aside while the current Administration shreds the Constitution and methodically strips us of our precious Civil Rights - something many others in his long-forgotten and deeply-repudiated past fought for.
But, after all, that's specifically why he was chosen for his role.
To read the self-aggrandizing bleating that he sees himself as put-upon like a character in a novel is laughable at best and brutally repugnant at worst.
For anyone to swallow this sugar-coated encomium requires a healthy gulp of Kool-aide first.
anon 1:44, did you read the article? Maybe it was just me, but I thought it was about the Anita Hill thing.
Also, what kind of kool-aide are you talking about, because I really like the grape.
Dear people who run the blawg,
In honor of Philly making the playoffs, does Joe Vento have a right to keep this sign hanging at Geno's in Philly? It says, "This is America. When Ordering Please Speak English." Freedom of speech? Discrimination? You can create another post or link here. I do not want to disrupt this post.
Here is a link: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/
Reponse by AH. See http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/
...Thomas also denies any inappropriate contact with Hill and, in an interview Sunday with CBS's "60 Minutes," alleges her testimony during the confirmation hearing was politically driven and used as "a weapon to destroy me, clear and simple."
Hill strongly denied the claims Tuesday in an interview with CNN.
"There have been several books written since then by independent journalists. They have all investigated those charges that were raised in 1991 and that he raises now, and they have all found them to be false," she said. "They haven't found one connection between me and someone who was politically motivated to keep him off the court."
"What happened was that I was contacted by the Senate, and the Senate contacted me and asked me a direct question about what happened to me in the workplace, and I responded truthfully," she added. "And there was no intermediary group that put me up to anything."
Post a Comment