I know I asked them this back last August, about whether they had oversold undersized lot 402 (Parking Services promised that they hadn't), but now they want 15 people to voluntarily give up spaces in 402 in exchange for spaces in 416?
Why on earth would anybody want to hike all the way from 416 to Wolf?
Is this what that plethora of Parking Surveys has been about? And what do they need 15 spaces for?
Friday, February 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
They're trying to move 15 people out of 470 as well. I don't think there's anyone who's going to make that trade. The first e-mail was just ridiculous--move to a more inconvenient lot, and we'll give you a prorated refund of $16. Some of us are poor students, but we're not that poor.
Oh, swell. That means two things: first, that they're desperate to get the spaces, and second, that there might not be spaces enough to go around next year.
Of all the things *I* wish were more transparent, it is parking services machinations! Now I'm worried that when I order my parking pass for one of the Wolf lots (470 or 402), they'll do like last year and renumber the lot I ordered to somewhere else (watch... they'll renumber 416 to 470), and the pass I thought I was getting, and was paying MORE for, is someplace else. (Now I learn from your post, anonymous, that I paid more for 402 than I would have paid for the lot I *thought* I was requesting last spring, and yet they still have the gall to ask me to 'voluntarily' give up my pass.)
I mean, if they need the lot to create more handicapped spaces so broken-legged snowboarders can have easier access to school, maybe we'd be more accommodating to making the change. But they never tell us anything, and on top of that, we can't trust that they won't just yank the passes out from under us, anyway. I am really worried about this push to get us to ride the bus, etc. Not everyone lives near the bus lines. I live a half mile from the nearest stop, and then it would take an hour and a half and a transfer to get to Wolf. I don't have three hours a day to waste on a bus.
I'd rather have a brown-bag on parking than on grades.
walking is such a hard thing... just look at the potential lot move as an extra 5 minute walk to reflect upon the birds, the blue sky, and the mountains...
Post a Comment