Friday, November 10, 2006

Goodbye '06, Hello '08

The first Democratic candidate to announce a run for the 2008 presidential nomination just happens to be visiting and speaking at CU Law next week. (His son is a member of our very own Class of '08.)

4 comments:

JST said...

It's cool that a presidential candidate is stopping by, even if some of the press (http://time-blog.com/
real_clear_politics/2006/11/
the_vilsack_juggernaut.html) hasn't been particularly kind - this one makes a Don Quixote reference. Ouch.

JST said...

I don't want anyone to take my first comment the wrong way - I'm not trying to be snarky, and I'm legitimately excited by the thought of having any presidential candidate in town. People will decide in two years whether Governor Vilsack is the best choice to be the Democratic nominee, and he has as much right to seek the nomination as anyone. I look forward to his visit and to finding out more about his candidacy in the months to come.

notjustlaw said...

JST, there was nothing wrong with your first post. I've seen the implication about Gov. Vilsack's chances in other forums. I wish him luck. A governor from the Midwest with a good grasp of policy and politics? Sounds like a good candidate to me!

vive_la_reve2 said...

Who speaks for the Trees?
He's a good candidate to push the environmental card onto the table in the Dem platform. He has a solid history of encouraging alternative energy.