help but feel guilty at how apathetic I've become. I used to be diligent about reading and taking notes, but now I hardly even read. There's a part of me that justifies my total slacker ways b/c I've been able to kick it up a notch when it matters, i.e. the month leading up to exams, but I'm wondering if it'll really materialize this year. If I secure a clerkship or job for next year, I think not. I guess pride is on the line, but I'm kind of over "pride" at the moment. I mean, isn't that what law school is for: humility?One thing I constantly think about is how entirely pointless the third year of law school is. By now, nearly all of us have figured out the Game, how to work the Game, and how irrelevant the Game is in practice.
Am I totally alone on this?
5 comments:
Bolder, I'm jealous... While I am also bored to death in class, and reading very little, I am still working harder then ever. Journal, Job, Life (lil' NJL is 6 months old). Oh and Seminar Paper I have spent zero time on... Damn.
Should we go back to two years and an apprenticeship? Just two years and be done?
But, my Fantasy Football team is on top, even after being forced to start a Freakin' Huard last week!
I'm with you and I'm a 2L!
Two years and an apprenticeship would be far more effective for both the profession and student. Just my $.02.
Just raise tuition, increase standards, and limit class size. That will keep it difficult to become a lawyer with out the tedium of the third year!
Nice use of a monkey. I miss 1890, when high school graduation was all that was required to practice law... and medicine.
Post a Comment