Monday, October 02, 2006

A light in the darkness???

Twice now I've arrived at school shortly after 8:00 AM on a Monday morning, only to find my locker area shrouded in complete darkness. I've wandered about, looking in vain for a switch. How do we get the lights on the first floor hallway turned on in the morning?

9 comments:

Scott Turner said...

That is awesome. I like the lights on the 1st floor of the library that turn on and off for no apparent reason. Also, can we keep the undergrads out of the meeting rooms? Last night they were listening to music on their laptops, laughing, and I can only assume downloading porn. Not to mention the non-stop library contruction that occurs during the day. I love our new library, it is craptacular.

J-Po said...

Those undergrads are paying for our building. Show some respect.

notjustlaw said...

Some respect? How about some respect from the undergrads back? It is one thing for them to be using the study rooms to study, but to play music and talk loudly (disturb others) is another.

Scott Turner said...

Ha, ha! I can't tell if AO was being sarcastic or serious. I love electronic communications. I'll assume the former. I think the undergrads were playing Korn, btw, which always helps. I just moved instead of asking them the shut the f**k up. Next time, though, next time...

Also, the lights were off this morning. If you ask in the Dean's office that they be turned on, they are fairly responsive. I think they are timer controlled anyway, although the thought of the dean coming back everynight at 11 to turn of the lights is appealing.

Coffinberry said...

Yeah, but the dean's office is on the third floor, and my locker is on the first . . . not exactly 'on the way.'

And if it's timer-run, what is wrong with the idea of turning on the lights by 8:00 AM, eh? That's a reasonable hour by gosh.

Michael A. Smeenk, Esq. said...

We have a library in the new building?

vive_la_reve2 said...

Please tell the undergrads to shut the @#&*^#@ up in the library. I've had to do this several times... besides effectively creating a quiet environment, it feels really good too! I especially liked it when they told their newly arriving crappa-crappa-crappa sisters "shhhhh.... we got in trouble." Ogre and out.

cublawg said...

Perhaps we need to enact a policy allowing the library to boot the little punks if they misbehave. Sounds like a job for the SBA... ;-)

And on the "they paid for the building note," while that may be true, I doubt they're paying to replace the stolen or damaged furniture, not to mention the cleaning services required to clean up after them. That argument holds no water. In fact, it leaks all over the place, much like a can of Labbat Blue left in the library by a Pi Phi pledge, or a pair of crappy headphones blaring Korn into some frat boy's head for all to hear.

Sistaz-4-evah.

Scott Turner said...

What I mean about the lights was to ask during the day when you are on the 3rd floor if they can reset the timer or show you where the switch is. I agree, my laziness would prevent me from walking up the stairs at 6:30 AM too, let alone walking down the "blue mile" to the elevators.