Sunday, July 23, 2006

Excellent Advice for Incoming 1Ls

20 tips on how to avoid being a douchebag in law school.

6 comments:

Coffinberry said...

Good advice! lol

One I want to disagree with - that's the roller bag... only 'cuz I'm a guilty party. Chiropractor was getting too expensive! And I'm an old f@rt - with age comes some privileges (or, at least, a distinct lack of concern over what someone else thinks). I use a roller bag, get over it.

As for the LexisNexis and Westlaw waterbottle - well, it's Colorado, and you've gotta use a waterbottle or you're gonna shrivel right up like those UN delegates in the first (and only true) Batman movie. But please, if you can't afford a Nalgene or a Nalgene knockoff at Wal-Mart, at least don't use that phallic-symbol Lexis bottle. It's just pitiful.

Scott Turner said...

I think some one needs to add, "Make fun of classmates that get drunk and hook up with one another in the first week." as well as "Feel free to give legal advice to everyone you know after orientation, especially friends and/or relatives in trouble with law enforcement officers or in the midst of a messy divorce."

cadoner said...

it's a science being as non-douchebaggy as i am

notjustlaw said...

Can this be made required reading during orientation?

jt castleton said...

rolling book suitcase thing....ha! now, i have no qualms with accommodating the elderly and disabled, but i can't stand those lazy students who think their rolling bagss have some sort of right-of-way when we're walking down the hall or aisles in class. you're not an ambulance.

Coffinberry said...

lol!

I laugh at myself when I bang my rollerbag up the dumb steps in the lecture halls. Too dang lazy to carry it; in my head I hear " . . . Edward Bear, coming down the stairs, bump bump bump on the back of his head behind Christopher Robin . . . . " but in 204 I had to carry the dumb thing over the top of my head because on day one of class I politely moved to the middle because I had arrived early, so all the rest of the semester I had to climb over everyone else.

Hmmm. I think the evidence is overwhelming. I qualify for the db title . . . but I don't have to like it.