We don't get to talk about the write-on. Okay, so I get that. We can't talk about the topic, etc. What we can talk about is whether we're forging ahead or have decided to chuck it all. We can also talk about whether we think being on law review or a journal is "worth it." (I make no judgments here; just suggesting lines of discussion.)
Also, did that Crim Law section finally get its grades posted? So far? No Civ Pro. Waggs, for the love of Trafalgar, please make it happen. You are the last 1L prof standing. Take your victory lap around Fleming, then kindly take the grades to Cindy. (And yes, I do realize I'm neurotic, and no, I don't care!)
Monday, June 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
My lips are sealed...
A) It's worth it.
B) Everyone goes through the "chuck it" phase. Those that survive demonstrate the resilience required not just for membership, but for the profession as a whole. Part of the assignment, I would say, is the ability to finish it.
C) Your essay is better than you think.
HS, duly noted. Only I am not in the "chuck it" stage. I just seem to recall reading here last year that others were. So far it doesn't seem that bad, but it was just something to talk about. 'Cause there's been very little of that going on here lately.
As one who decided to "chuck it" because I realized that I actually didn't *want* to be on a journal, I hope that I may still have the resilience required for my profession.
It took me far too long to catch the "Fight Club" reference...
It's an old movie. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, Ignorantia.
On that note: Where's my DAMN CIV PRO GRADE??? AAAAARGH!!!
Sorry to hijack your comment.
No, no. I don't want that grade (not if the trend on my report card continues, anyway)! He can feel free to finish deciding scholarships etc before the ranks and grades are in, as far as I'm concerned!
(Since it costs him bucks for each day past the deadline, there's gotta be a pretty good reason... maybe he had that surgery he mentioned?)
Why would he schedule surgery between finals and grade release? I don't think so. Besides, every time I've been at Fleming I've seen him. For me, this grade is going to decide a lot, and I'm tired of speculating. I feel like if I know what it is then I can deal with it one way or another. I do not like limbo. But I can see how it would be a hard test for him to grade considering the difficulties most people had with that second question and most of us leaving the room thinking, in our own way, "WTF just happened there?"
The wait for grades is over. The wait for rankings has begun!!!
Post a Comment