Wednesday, December 14, 2005
A class act
I came to CU for the law school, not the football, but many of CU's unfortunate scandals are related to the football team. However, if this guy--Coach Dan Hawkins-- is hired, he will put an end to controversy and commotion. This guy is the real deal. He's Football-Gone-Zen. He's taken a team that looks like your average high school lineup in size and made them really, really good. And if he's hired, and it looks pretty promising, I might just join the rest of you in that whole "slice of Americana" thing come fall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Right on Blaw. Hawkins could win with the talent willing to go to BOISE (no offense to all from Bosie, but it is not exactly a hot spot). Colorado has always been able to get talent, now they will have an exciting coach.
I've met him. He's smart and grounded. There will be no controversy. However, it appears the ink's not dry, despite all the hype. Not a done deal yet
i've been following this closely. between him, embree, and logan, the top 3 candidates, he might be the best fit. but the jump from small-time to big-time football is huge, and so many coaches don't make it (see gary pinkel at mizzou). regardless, until barnett was gone, the "scandal" would never be gone. hopefully this last audit and gb's firing will be the end.
anyway, there's nothing quite like storming the field after we beat CSU at the last second. probably my 2 fondest memories of law school
Yeah, except in all seriousness? Boise State could easily have taken CU this year. Trust me, he's got what it takes for the big leagues. You'll see.
Supposed to be a done deal by tommorow
Best article I've seen so far
I care because I know the guy personally, and also because I go to the law school that has the same name as the football team. That's why I care. I'm sure other people care for other reasons. And I'm sure some, like you, don't care at all, which is fine. I like football, but it's not my favorite thing, so if I didn't know the guy I'd be apathetic, I'm sure.
Well Football is my favorite thing and that's why I care. Grew up in Colorado so it is important to see CU have a good team.
If that's true NJL, you should be really happy at this point.
Yes very happy, now if Cody Hawkins comes along to seal the deal.
Post a Comment