Looks like some of the CU fans at yesterday's game are gonna need legal help.
Do you suppose the fans can counter-claim for IIED against the CU football team? Don't you think such a loss, when odds were for their 14-point win, would be reckless? That continued and repetitive failure to score was a pattern of conduct that emotionally harmed the fans? That the fans were in a peculiar state of excitement, and the team knew it, and continued in the pattern of conduct anyway? That there undoubtedly existed a special relationship between the team and the fans - I mean, the fans have no other team on which to depend for glory - that was abused by their reckless failure to score? Taken as a whole, don't you think the totality of the circumstances indicates that the CU football team's behavior was outrageous? Aha, methinks we have a case...
Stop it stop it stop it... the Open Memo was turned in on Tuesday you silly girl!
Saturday, November 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I like football as much as the next person, but CU's football fans, from what I've seen, are boneheads. When I go to the library and there's a home game, the losers in the parking lot with their RVs, kegs,Judas Priest/80s hair-rock, and random primal gruntings are enough to turn me off CU football forever.
Hey, you're right! And maybe I'll throw some marshmallows and garbage around while I'm at it. Sorry, not the kind of 'Americana' I'm going to embrace. I like beer. I like football. I like hair-rock on occasion. I even like grunting in the right setting. But the scene I described is not my scene. But eh, to each his (or her own), right? (By the way, no one who knows me is going to say I study too much and that I live at the library. Sadly, not the case.)
My Uncle is a Nebraska season ticket holder, and I was embarrased by the amount of enjoymnet he was able to take out of that game (both the score and the pathetic behavior of CU fans).
Post a Comment