NYT: Sam Brownback no likey the Harriet
If that's not the stamp of approval, I don't know what is.
And then there's this, from the always cutting John Stewart:
Dis Appointment
My personal favorite moment is towards the end, when Stewart suggests that James Dobson (of Focus on the Family) and Miers have been doing the horizontal mambo.
N.B. I've got 3:1 odds that gridlocker goes ape-sh!t in the comments on this post.
Thursday, October 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What is fascinating is since Brownback doesn't like her, she may not even get out of committee...Specter may not like her, Brownback and the other social conservatives may not...
Oh and the point of my comment is...ummm...I'm not exactly sure...
yeah, but dobson said if she doesn't work out for the christian right, "the blood of those babies will be on my hands." he pretty much staked his career on this nomination. he really believes she's gonna "do the right thing."
as newsweek would say:
old CW: "holy sh!t! that's not so bad."
new CW: "she's holy. she's sh!t. this is bad."
I noticed that too...quite ominous that Dobson has been told something that makes him feel comfortable (i.e. Roe v. Wade is going to be overturned and sent back to the states) with the pick.
I'm still okay with the pick since Brownback doesn't like her (whoever said it during the Robert's hearings was right, how did he end up on the judiciary?) and the fact that she is not an ivy leaguer!
Post a Comment