Thursday, September 01, 2005
We Need a New Post
Things are getting a little stale on the blog, so here is just something to chew on. How many employers are other 2L's (and 3L's throw in your two cents) applying to for this round of OCI? I'm looking at around 10 (specific firms who practice water management and IP law). How about others?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Good call, NJL. I'm dropping for 17 firms, but have heard many as high as 30!
I just can't imagine performing the work to prepare for 30 cover letters, writing samples. My opinion is that I have something specific to offer these 10 firms, who practice in the areas I have interest in, and I will get an interview and job out them. After all in Spring OCI I dropped for 4 firms, got three interviews and a job! I like my odds with 10! (Then of course I'm likely deluding myself!)
I'm going for a robust ten. And they're all getting the same damned cover letter. Forget this customization junk...
I'm applying to four. Wanna know why? Because there are four firms in Colorado which aren't in Grand friggin' Junction, which are looking for 3L's and which don't require engineering degrees or undergrad transcripts. Whoo. It would have been a sold 5, but a certain firm that starts with an "M" and ends with a "oye White" cancelled for the second year in a row.
Oh the other reason I'm applying is that I don't have a job.
Moop, my dear, any firm that doesn't hire you is foolish.
What's wrong w/ 30? If you're not a top 10 or 20-percenter, why not cast the net wide? The worst that can happen is they can say no. It only takes a few more minutes to Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V some stuff from the web site and a couple extra bucks to print. Gotta be on the floor in order to dance...
And yes, I'm up at 2am customizing cover letters
I have no problem with 30 if you are willing to invest the time. I'm not going to! But good luck to you, I admire your preserverance!
i dropped for ... ah, this is going to take a while. i posted on my blog.
Buffs
Post a Comment