Will the positive test and suspension for Rafael Palmeiro lead to a perjury charge for lying before Congress? (Actually, if anyone knows more than me since I have no desire to research it, is this even a possibility or would it be contempt of Congress?)
I think it is very likely with this crazy Congressman from Northern Virginia pushing the hearings and threatening to take away the anti-trust exemption if the Nationals are sold to the George Soros group. All he needed was another reason to embarass Major League Baseball.
Sound off with what you think. I'm tired of Congress sticking its nose into Baseball, videogames and the such, so I would personally hate to see it happen. Unfortunetly, I think Palmeiro needs a good lawyer.
[UPDATE]
See this story http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2123113&CMP=OTC-DT9705204233.
The steriod he tested positive for is the same one used by Ben Johnson before the 1988 Olympics.
Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cowboyslaw and others: you might find this article particularly interesting:
http://www.tnr.com/doc.mhtml?pt=hv2QP1Jfpg3QOtOUdtyYd2%3D%3D
Post a Comment