Saturday, August 13, 2005

Back to School

So, we have little over a week left before school starts up again. I'm ambivalent. I'm looking forward to seeing most of my classmates, the intellectual challenge, and, for the most part, the busyness. Not surprisingly, I'm dreading the obsession of finding a “respected” Summer Associate position, stressing about my class selection, and thinking beyond law school. “Boo-hoo,” you say, and I agree. I need to just get over it all and enjoy the fact that I have these problems to begin with. However, law school tends to do that to us all. We conflate our problems to epic proportions, figuring out that its never a big deal only in retrospect. True.

Beyond that, I have little to say about going back to school. Orientation should be a little more lively this year around. I'm sure the 1Ls are eagerly awaiting the chance to hear the Dean tell them they're the best class to ever come through the esteemed hallways of Fleming.....

9 comments:

notjustlaw said...

Who else is hosting a lunch on Thursday? I'm looking forward to regaling the students about the finer ways to brown nose a professor, and to also spread a great deal of mis-information!

Coffinberry said...

Great! Knowing my luck, I'll be assigned to you! lol

cublawg said...

I'll be hosting a lunch as well.

Coffinberry said...

Y'know, it doesn't matter if we're "the best class to ever come through the esteemed hallways of of Fleming"...

Because we are the Last Class. :p

shell said...

? The Last Class? What do you mean by that, Coffinberry (pardon, I'm not in CU Law.)

Ryan Kalamaya said...

We're moving into a new law building next year.

shell said...

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing it up, Bolder Law.

Coffinberry said...

Sorry 'bout that, Shell...

notjustlaw said...

The better answer would have been that this is the last class becuase the quality of work will fall so quickly the state will have no choice but to close CU Law forever!