Monday, May 30, 2005

I think this makes me sort of official

I am now engaging in what seems to be common among CU's bloggers: Proscrastination-By-Blogging. You see, my quarter is not over. So while the rest of you are drinking beer to forget your grade in this class or that class, or soaking up the sun at Memorial Day BBQs, here I am at my computer writing essays and such. I am bitter. OK, bitter's probably not the right word, because if you know me then you know it doesn't fit, but I am tired of school. I'm sure you can all relate.

And that's why my "summer prep" will consist of everything anti-academic. Yes, my rebellion will include a lot of eating out, relaxing, riding my bike and trying to get back into some semblance of shape. I will not crack a book, unless it's terribly trashy and has zero academic value.

That said, as accustomed as I was to thinking of myself as someone without a college degree, I get sort of choked up when I realize that after I finish this blur of a quarter I will not be able to think of myself that way anymore. Despite the fact that I've done pretty well for myself, my lack of a degree has been an internal thorn in my side forever, so it's pretty amazing to me that I'm actually going to graduate.

OK, back to work. By the way, we are going to be arriving in Boulder with the biggest moving truck imaginable on June 16.

2 comments:

Ryan Kalamaya said...

Its hardly sunny here in Boulder this Memorial Day, and no amount of beer could make me forget my grade in Property (yes, it was that bad). Still, I do sympathize with you still being in school: I can't believe some of my classmates are actually taking summer school right now....

cublawg said...

Hill lowered the boom on my GPA as well, but I remind myself that it's only two credits every time I log into CUConnect. Corporate law, however, is going to be a cluster-schtup. So here's to another year of bluebooks, hand cramps, and vitriol.